A Good Review (15)

Avathara

     She woke up on her own, or maybe it was him who had made a sound. Her eyes made out the outline of him as he pulled a shirt on. A smile broke out on her face. "Leaving me? I couldn't have been that bad in bed?"

     Idris breathed out a heavy breath and turned toward her. In boxers and a black shirt, he went over to her and kneeled by her side. He greeted her with a kiss. "Is this your version of humor, stating blatant lies?"

     She nodded. "Yes, actually. You'll just have to adjust to it." She paused. "I was hoping you would stay longer." She reached out, tracing a random scar fondly. It was an action she couldn't possibly stop. She needed him to understand that these lines were beautiful.

     He kissed her again, taking her hand in his. "Trust me, I did not want to leave your naked body alone in the bed."

     She believed him, but she couldn't help herself. She pulled his collar, forcing him on top of her—well, he obviously let her do this. Then, they twisted so she was on top, all in her naked glory. Something about her being completely bare and him being completely clothed was electrifying.

     Avathara grabbed his hands and lead them to her breasts. He began to massage them without objection, groaning in frustration. "I'll never leave this room if you keep doing this."

     She tried to sound as innocent as possible. "But I've only just begun."

     His hold tightened. "How are you feeling?"

     "Sore," she admitted, leaning against him, allowing her weight to fall on top of his. The warmth of him already lit her up inside. She snuggled into him. "Stay."

     He ran a hand over her knotted hair. "You know I want to." Something about how pained he sounded made her feel better.

     Why did she have to be mated to a leader? Couldn't he be like a couch potato or something? "I'll miss you," she whispered. "What am I going to do while you work?"

     Idris sighed, failing to loosen his hold. "Besides wait for me patiently, naked in this bed?" He smirked, clearly liking the idea of that. "I was hoping you would be up to training with Klein today."

     Avathara raised a brow at him. "Already throwing me to another male?"

     He looked down at her with this nasty scowl on his face, although it didn't intimidate her in the slightest. Idris sat up, placing a soft grip behind her neck. "Strictly professional," he pressed his lips to hers, "be careful. I am not above murder. He would be a challenge, but I would still take him down within minutes."

     Avathara laughed, kissing him back, biting on his lips in these teasing nips they both enjoyed far too much. She pressed her hands underneath his shirt, against the skin of his lower back, still unable to comprehend that this wall of muscle was hers. "Alright," she conceded, "I understand. But just know," she reached down to stroke the outside of his underwear, "I'll be thinking about you all day."

     "Damnit, woman!" he cursed, flipping them so that he was on top once more, "one more hour and that's it!"

     "Yes, Idris," she faked that she was being the obedient one, helping him out of clothes.

________________________________________________

     She looked behind to see Idris closing the door. His steps became quieter and quieter as he made his way to whatever the hell alphas do in a day. Avathara turned to see a very stern-looking Klein. In all black, she had never seen him so stern.