𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐩𝐲

"Will! Will!"

"Will! Will!"

The group rushed down the halls of the lab with the gurney that was being pushed. Hopper was taken to get cleaned by some of the men in hazmat suits and Lea was taken to be examined.

Lea laid on one of the gurneys and reached her hand out towards Will as she branched away from him and down a different hallway. Her chest hurt she was clutching as she sobbed for Will.

The room she was wheeled into had all-white walls. There were tiny stickers of different animals on them. "What are you guys doing? I need to stay with Will." Lea argued and a few nurses surrounded her.

"We just need to check you out. Once we know you're okay, you can go see him." One of them said.

"What about my dad!? Where is he?" Lea's mind raced with questions and out of her mouth they went. The nurses couldn't get around her while she was moving and thrashing. "Oh, God. My chest burns!"

The burning sensation spread to her fingertips and her feet. "W-where does it burn, honey?" A concerned nurse asked.

"I-i don't know!" Her arms started to shake wildly.

Screams erupted from her lips and they were heard all the way into Will's room. Everyone in the lab could hear it. They all stopped what they were doing and waited for it to stop.

It stopped for a few seconds but resumed again. In Will's room, Mike and Bob stood up going to the door. "Is that Lea?" Bob asked.

All the boy could do was nod.

They gave Lea a sedative and she was put to sleep.

◇◇◇◇

The minute Hopper had heard that his daughter was in trouble he rushed to her room behind a bunch of nurses who were leading him to her. He had just come back from talking with Doctor Owen about the vines.

He saw how disheveled she looked. Lying in that bed in a hospital gown made him want to cry. He slowly walked over to her and sat in the chair next to her bed. He took her hand in his let out shaky breaths.

"Is she gonna be okay?" Hopper asked. He didn't look away from Lea for a second.

"She seems to be experiencing the same things that William Byers is. It's a slightly smaller case but still severe." The nurse nodded. Hopper sighed and shook his head.

The next morning Lea woke up. She panicked a little before the memories of the night before rushed into her mind. She inhaled deeply and looked down to see her father holding her hand. His head was laid on the bed.

Lea squeezed his hand and he woke up with a start. "Lee."

Her lip quivered and it turned into a sad smile. "Hey." She laughed. Hopper sat up in his chair. "H-how's Will? Is he okay?"