𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐌𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫

"Jonathan! Jonathan!" Lea's head snapped to the left as she heard Nancy's screeches

"Jonathan! Jonathan!" Lea's head snapped to the left as she heard Nancy's screeches. She was running through the Upside-down screaming Nancy and Jonathan's name.

"Nancy!" Lea screamed. Her throat was becoming raw. "Nancy! Where are you!?"

Lea screamed as she tripped over a branch. She grunted as she hit the floor.

"Lea! Nancy!" She heard Jonathan's quiet, echoey voice.

"Jonathan! I can't see anything! Nancy!" Lea screamed.

"Nancy! Lea! I'm right here!" Lea wiped her eyes again. "I'm right here just follow my voice!" Lea grunted and got up breathing heavily, feeling panicked. "Just follow my voice!"

It had been a minute and Lea couldn't hear Nancy anymore. Lea started to panic. "Nancy! I can't hear you! Nancy! Jonathan! Nancy don't leave me!"

Lea turned to the left instantly regretting it. The creature from before looked back at her, even without eyes. Lea held her knife in front of her as it crept toward her. She backed away slowly.

It lunged at her. She moved out of the way just in time and started running faster than she ever had. She tried to remember what the tree that she crawled through looked like but her memory was full of the creature.

Lea turned around and threw the knife towards the creature. It landed right where a human's heart would be.

"Lea! I need you to follow my voice!" Lea heard Nancy call. It sounded like Jonathan's had. "It's closing! You need to hurry! Lea! Run!"

Just then the creature tackled Lea. She kicked and screamed.

"Nancy! Help!" Lea screeched. "Get off of me!" Lea dragged out a broken scream.

The creature flung back and hit a tree. Lea spun around on her back and held out her hands and thought of the creature hitting its head against the tree. She screamed as she held her hands out towards the horrid creature. Then the creature started doing just that. When she had a moment she stumbled to her feet and followed Nancy and Jonathan's screams. She felt her nose drip but she didn't care. She just wanted to get out of there.

She found the tree that was glowing and slimy. Lea started to stretch the weird skin covering that covered hole.

"Come on Lea! Come on!" Lea snaked her body into the hole, hut screamed in frustration when she felt nothing but wood on her hands.

It closed!?

"Guys! You have to leave me! I can't get through!" She screamed hoping they could hear her. She heard the creatures snarl not too far away.

"No! Keep your head down!" She heard Jonathan yell at her. She did as she was told and put her face to the cold and slimy surface of the earth. Or the Upside-down.

She heard something hit against the surface matched with Jonathan's grunts and Nancy's screams of encouragement.

Lea heard the creature getting closer. "It's close!" Lea whispered to more herself. Just then she felt something hit her head. It was a piece of the tree. Jonathan was outside of the tree hitting the bark with the bat that Nancy had brought. Jonathan and Nancy began tearing at the bark of the tree creating a big enough hole for Lea to climb through.