𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐚 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐣𝐞𝐜𝐭

Lea didn't expect to fall asleep

Lea didn't expect to fall asleep. She wasn't trying to. With her nightmares, it made it hard to actually desire sleep.

She was supposed to be on Max watch but when Steve saw her nodding off, he turned to Dustin, asking him to trade-off. He agreed and before long Lea was knocked out, leaning on the armrest of the couch.

The next morning, the blonde heard the crackling of Dustin's walkie and shot up. She looked around for a second.

"Hey, Dustin. This is Eddie The banished. You there?"

Lea sighed and leaned back over the armrest, closing her eyes, hoping that he would shut up.

"Dustin, can you hear me?" Lea sighed and rubbed her hands over her face, getting up from the couch and stepping over Nancy to get to the walkie.

Eddie kept calling out Dustin's name and Lea kneeled in front of the table, picking it up and extending the antenna. "Hey, it's Lea." She spoke tiredly, sniffing and blinking to wake herself up.

"Hopper! Hey!" He sounded happy. Lea shook her head.

"You need somethin'?" She asked, not sounding as rude as Eddie expected her to.

He didn't even pause for a second. "I'm gonna need a food delivery, like soon unless you want me going out into the world-"

Lea pressed the button and interrupted him. "No. No, no. Don't do that. Just- just stay put. We'll be there as soon as we can." She said, inhaling quietly.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah." Eddie's voice crackled over the device. "Listen, Um... can you pick me up a six-pack?"

A scoff left the blonde's mouth and she shook her head with the tiniest smile. "No!" She whispered shouted into the walkie.

"Why?" He whined. "Is it because I nearly mutilated your boyfriend? Jeez, blondie, I wasn't actually gonna do it."

Lea rolled her eyes. "Drinking is stupid as shit right now, Eddie." She scolded.

"I know, I know, but a cold one would really calm my jangled nerves..."

He continued to speak as Lea looked around to see if anyone else was awake. She looked at the couch on the other side of the basement and nearly drop the walkie.

She pressed the button and turned back to the walkie. "Listen, Ed's, we're gonna have to put a pause on your grocery order. I'll call you later — bye!"

She pushed the antenna down and turned to Nancy who was asleep on the floor. "Nance." She shook the girl's arm.

She sat up quickly and looked at the blonde with worried eyes. "Lee, what's wrong?" She asked.

"I fell asleep. I was on Max watch." She said, her eyebrows creasing and her lips pursing. She had completely forgotten. She actually didn't remember much of the night after Max's encounter with Vecna.