𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐏𝐨𝐥𝐥𝐲𝐰𝐨𝐠

A few hours later, Lea woke up and she sat in her bed dreading her having to actually leave her room to leave the house. She felt guilty for what she said to her sad but, she just wanted to be a normal teenager. All of that was thrown out the window when Lea discovered El that night with the boys.

The blonde heard Hopper and El out in the kitchen as they ate. He explained why she couldn't leave. He also told El why Lea was so angry. She didn't understand at first and she thought it was her fault. All Lea wanted to do was run out there and hug the girl but she was too busy being petty for that.

Once she was done getting ready, she brushed out her hair once more and huffed as she opened her door. Hopper and El watched as she wordlessly walked to the fridge and grabbed a water bottle. She shut it and turned towards them.

"What?" Lea snapped.

Her father scoffed and shook his head. "No 'good morning'? No 'good morning, El'? Or 'you can't eat that for breakfast.'?" Lea looked at the center of the table and saw yet another "Eggo Extravaganza" and rolled her eyes.

"You already greeted me this morning and as for El..." Lea turned and put on the smile that she was missing earlier. "Good morning."

Hopper shoveled another bite of Eggo into his mouth. "Y'know, this 'moody teenage' thing isn't cute."

Lea just smiled sarcastically and then rolled her eyes strolling over to the front door. She picked up her backpack and waved to El. "Bye, Eleven." She looked at her dad and her smile faded. She nodded at him and walked out of the cabin.

◇◇◇◇◇

Lea walked into the school feeling the result of last night. Her head was hung low as it ached. Her eyes burned and she just wanted to lay in bed all day.

She trudged to her locker with a few whimpers and sighs.

She let out a gasp and she jumped almost a foot in the air when a hand slammed on the metal of her locker. The hungover blonde squeezed her eyes closed as her headache worsened. She furrowed her eyebrows and turned around slowly.

Billy's blue eyes stared into her brown ones. "Hey, party girl." His voice still sent shivers down her spine.

Lea rolled her eyes. "Didn't I tell you what my name was?" The shorter girl teased, crossing her arms and leaning up against the cool metal. Billy did the same.

Lea looked up at him through her lashes that were darkened with mascara and bit her lip. "Oh, sweetheart," Billy hissed, putting one of his hands on his chest. "Don't look at me like that. I might actually just pass out."

The girl giggled and looked away. She saw Steve coming down the hallway. He looked like he was looking for something. Or someone. She really hoped that someone wasn't her.

The Hopper looked back at Billy, a smirk on his lips. This made Lea roll her eyes. "You get home okay, peaches?"

The blonde scoffed once more and stood up straight. "How names are you gonna call me in one day?"

"Fine, Lea. Did you get home okay?"

She parted her lips, shaky breath escaping them. Her name sounded amazing coming out of his mouth.

Before she could react, she felt a hand grab her elbow and drag her away. She looked back at Billy many times before he just huffed and turned away. She finally looked at who took her away and shut her eyes trying to calm down.

"What the hell, dipshit!? What'd you do that for?" Steve looked down at the girl as she tore her arm away from his hand. She crossed her arms and glared up at him.