𝐒𝐚𝐮𝐧𝐚 𝐓𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐩𝐭. 𝐭𝐰𝐨

The buzzing

The buzzing.

Lea sat in the chair behind Scoops Ahoy staring at the wall, hearing the buzzing. Every single time she closed her eyes, she saw Billy. Something was very wrong. It hadn't stopped and it was driving the Hopper girl crazy.

Every time Steve and Dustin went to the back room, they stared quizzically at the girl who had stared at the same spot for an hour. "Is she okay?" Dustin mumbled with his arms crossed, not taking his eyes away from the blonde. They were talking quietly, looking through the little window at the back of her blonde head of hair as she stared at the wall.

"I don't know. Think she's broken?" Steve asked. It wasn't a joke. He was genuinely concerned about his girlfriend who looked like one of the patients from the Kerley County nut house. "Should we touch her?" He asked cautiously.

Dustin shrugged and finally looked up at Steve. "What if she's sleeping? Like, with her eyes open."

"I don't know, man..." Steve trailed off. "She looks pretty focused."

Dustin shook his head. "You think she's hearing something? Like last year?" Steve slowly looked down at his friend. He remembered how Lea had told him about hearing something.

"Dude I-"

The two were cut off by quick footsteps. They didn't even have time to register that Robin had come back and burst through the door that led to the back room with a loud noise, passing Steve and Dustin.

Lea jumped and broke her stare from the white of the wall. She looked up at Robin and then glanced at Steve and Dustin who trailed in behind the girl. Lea got out of her chair and crossed her arms, studying the huge pieces of paper that Robin had laid on the table, not actually knowing what she was looking at yet.

Steve sat in the chair the Lea was once in and looked up at her with a soft smile. She returned it and rested her hands on his shoulders as Robin started Speaking.

"It is fascinating what 20 bucks will get you at the County Recorder's Office." She spoke, referring to the paper. "Starcourt mall. The complete blueprints."

Lea nodded in understanding as Dustin smiled. "Not bad."

Robin pointed at a certain spot on the blueprint. "So, this is us, Scoops, and this is where we want to get." She glided her finger across the paper and it landed on where Lea figured was the mysterious room with boxes.

"I mean, I don't really see a way in." Steve pointed out. Lea gripped his broad shoulders tighter and leaned forward a little to see better.