𝐒𝐮𝐳𝐢𝐞, 𝐃𝐨 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐂𝐨𝐩𝐲?

Hanging the upper half of her body off of her bed, Lea Hopper was reading the latest magazine and humming to the sound of the muffled music coming from El's room

Hanging the upper half of her body off of her bed, Lea Hopper was reading the latest magazine and humming to the sound of the muffled music coming from El's room. Lea usually did this when Mike was over. She always loved when Mike was there but them making out all the time was getting sickening. So she either tuned it out with the music that they played or put her headphones on and listened to music on her Walkman.

"Just a little more time is all we're asking for." Lea hummed in her head. "Just a little more time could open closing doors." Lea smiled at the memory of her and Steve listening to that song when it first came out. They were in his car and her legs were swung over his.

She sat up and took a red pen, marking a pair of shorts that she saw in the mall catalog. "Just a little uncertainty can bring you down." She stuck the closed pen between her teeth and closed her eyes, thinking of Steve.

That was also one of the songs that played when they slept with each other the first time. It was at his house, of course, and he put a mixtape in his boom box. He made Lea feel special that night. So, so special. She could remember exactly what he was doing during this song. It still gave her butterflies.

Her dad didn't know about it and Lea hoped that he never would.

"And nobody wants to know you now. And nobody wants to show you how. So if you're lost and on your own, you can never surrender!"

Lea's eyes snapped open as she heard Mike's horrible singing voice through the wall. She heard her sister laugh. She loved that Mike could make her happy.

Lea's smile dropped. "Hey!" She heard a door slam. "Hey!" Lea covered her mouth and tried to suppress a laugh. "Three-inch minimum! Leave the door open three inches!" Lea sighed and got off of her bed and exiting the room after grabbing a keyring off of the hook on her wall. "El," Hopper said sternly. "Open this door."

She opened the door to her bedroom and stood next to her dad and El's door opened. "What's wrong?" Mike asked innocently.

Lea scoffed and rolled her eyes. "I'll drive him home."

Yes, she said drive.

After countless lessons with her father and Steve, four failed tests, a very angry mailbox lady, and a sprained pinkie, Lea finally scored good enough to drive. Her dad bought her a car on her eighteenth birthday. A baby blue Ford Sierra.

Mike grabbed his stuff and hurriedly walked past El and Lea's father. "I'll be back by ten," Lea called out as she walked back to the door.

Hopper nodded and waved at her. Lea opened the door and stepped out with Mike. "Grab your bike and put it in the trunk when we get to my car." She told him.

Mike rolled his eyes and put on a mock scared face. "Is this the day I'm gonna die, God?" Lea scoffed and rolled her eyes, shoving him lightly. He laughed and they set off into the woods.