𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐚𝐜𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐭 𝐇𝐚𝐰𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐬 𝐋𝐚𝐛 𝐩𝐭. 𝐭𝐰𝐨

Eddie jumped down off of the rock with his eyebrows furrowed. "You... Nancy Wheeler, have guns, plural, in your bedroom?" He asked, walking forward.

Lea rolled her eyes. "Full of surprises, isn't she?" She mumbled.

Eddie looked at the blonde. "You, I'm not surprised about you." He smiled. Lea rolled her eyes with a small smile and shook her head.

"A Russian Makarov and a revolver." Nancy sighed, looking from Lea to Eddie.

"Yeah, you almost shot me with that one." Steve perked up.

Nancy looked back at him with a smirk. "You almost deserved it." They looked at each other for a moment and Lea's face twisted up in jealousy and anger. She subconsciously moved her hip away from her boyfriend's but still kept his arm wrapped around her shoulder.

Eddie noticed Lea's face and took off his jean jacket, tossing it at Steve. The boy looked at him with confusion. "For your modesty, dude."

Suddenly the ground began to shake. Steve wrapped a protective arm around Lea and she grabbed his forearm with both of her hands.

Robin stumbled forward and Eddie caught her before she could fall. Steve started to move backward near skull rock. Lea reached out and grabbed Nancy's arm, pulling her with them.

No matter how upset she was with her, she would never let her get hurt.

Steve held Lea tight and she squeezed her eyes shut. The shaking stopped and the group was silent other than their heavy breaths. Creatures of the Upside Down snarled and roared.

"You okay?" Steve asked, leaning down and kissing Lea's jaw.

"I-I'm okay." Lea nodded.

"Yeah, so guns seem like a pretty good idea to me." Eddie said, still holding Robin.

"Yeah, me too." The girl spoke.

Nancy not-so-nonchalantly, ripped her arm out of Lea's gripped and walked a few feet away.

The blonde peeled herself off of Steve and glanced back at him.

"So, what are we waiting for?" He asked. He walked forward and grabbed Lea's hand roughly, flicking on the torch. She looked up at him but he avoided her eyes.

Lea heard Nancy sigh behind them as they started moving. Eddie and Robin followed.

Steve's grip was tight on Lea's hand. She didn't understand why he looked mad. If anything, she should be the mad one.

.•.•.•.•.•.

At some point, Lea was able to move away from Steve and walk in front all by herself. She wanted to think, clear her head.

That left Steve walking in the back by himself. He looked forward and saw the back of Eddie and called for him. "Eddie, Eddie."

The man looked back at him and slowed down for Steve to catch up to him. "Hey, man. Uh... Listen, I just, uh... I just wanna say thanks. For saving my ass back there."

Eddie looked at him. "Shit, you saved your own ass, man. I mean, that was a real Ozzy move you pulled back there."

"Ozzy?" Steve repeated.

"When you took a bite out of that bat. Ozzy Osbourne?" Steve looked forward, not saying anything but his furrowed brows made it clear that he was confused. "Black Sabbath?" Again, Steve stayed silent. "He bit a bat's head off onstage."

"I don't-"

"You know?"

"No."

"Doesn't matter." Eddie shook his head. "It was very metal, what you did. That's all I'm saying."