𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐎𝐟 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭

"Lea

"Lea..." The voice sounded far away and echoed. "Hey, kid. Can you hear me?"

"Should I do CPR?" Another voice asked.

Someone scoffed. "She's still breathing, dumbass."

"Are you sure because I can totally do mouth to mouth right now-"

"Get the hell away from my daughter, Henderson."

"Yeah, I'm the only one who gets to put my mouth on her." Another voice said.

"What?"

"Uh...nothing, Chief."

"Is she... okay?"

"I don't know right now, Joyce, now can you all just give me some space-" Hopper stopped talking when he saw his daughter open her eyes. "Oh, hey Lee..."

"Dad?" She whispered. Lea looked around at the faces of the people who crowded around her. All of them looked worried. The only face that she didn't see was El's. Her heart began beating wildly. "W-where's El?" She asked trying to sit up.

Hopper placed his hands on her shoulders. "Whoa, whoa, whoa. Slow down, Lee. She's okay." The girl calmed down. "The hell have you been up to while I was gone?" He jokingly asked.

Lea cleared her throat before laughing. "Oh, you know. Just having huge parties and getting totally shit-faced." Hopper shook his head with a small chuckle and pulled his daughter into a hug. When she pulled away, shooting pain ran up her arm. She gasped and winced. After it became a sharp throbbing, she looked down at it. The entire thing was wrapped up. "What- what happened?" She looked at Jonathan.

"I had to cut it out." The boy shuddered. Lea glanced back at Steve who had his arms crossed and fresh blood that she assumed was hers on his uniform. "It kept... moving." Jonathan spoke, causing her to look back at him.

Lea bit her lip and got off of the ground with the help of her dad and Mike. Hopper shot the boy a look. Almost as if he was telling him that he could do it by himself but, Mike didn't let go. She felt like an animal at the zoo as everyone stepped away from her once she was on her feet. They were all staring at her to see what she'd do next.

Her arm stung like hell but she was able to slightly move it. She looked at El who was now using her father to lean on. Lea silently walked over to Steve who wrapped an arm around her shoulders and kissed the side of her head. "I was scared there for a second." He whispered, breathing in the scent of her blonde hair. The girl clenched her jaw and leaned her head into him.

"The Mind Flayer, it built this monster in Hawkins, to stop El and Lea, to kill them and pave away into our world." Mike started as he paced.

Nancy glanced between the two girls. "And it almost did. That was just one tiny piece of it."