𝐕𝐞𝐜𝐧𝐚'𝐬 𝐂𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞 𝐩𝐭. 𝐭𝐰𝐨

°••°••°••°••°••°••°••°

Lea ran all the way to the video store.

When she burst in the doors, Steve and Robin turned away from the TV and looked at her. "Lee?" Robin slowly called as she watched the girl's heavy breaths and her worried expression.

Both Robin and Steve got out from behind the counter and walked toward her. "A m... a murder. Trailer... park. M-max? Has anyone seen or heard from Max?" She asked, her eyes watering.

Steve furrowed his eyebrows. "No... no, but Lee, she's fine, alright? Nothing happened to her." He tried to reassure. He looked back at Robin and nodded towards his water bottle on the counter. He pulled Lea in for a hug and rubbed her back.

"Steve, you don't know that." She shook her head.

When Robin handed Steve his bottle, he lifted the straw to Lea's lips. "Drink this. Try to calm down." He nodded.

After taking a few sips, Lea's breaths slowed down. "W-well we can't go find her because my car got towed and my license was revoked."

"Wha-"

"Wait, maybe we can use your car. We can drive to the trailer park and see for ourselves." She nodded. "I need to know that she's alright, that she's not-"

Steve grabbed her shoulders. "Lee! Slow down." He told her, taking her hand and following Robin behind the counter. "Max is fine. I-it it makes you feel better, we'll go see her, alright?"

Robin flipped on the TV. "Let's watch a tape just to calm down for a little bit."

Lea nodded, smiling at her. "Can we watch Valley Girl?" She asked. Steve chuckled and wrapped an arm around her shoulder, using his other hand to grab her left one and press a short kiss to her ring finger. The girl smiled and bit her lip.

Lea's smile dropped when she saw the local news on the TV. All three teenagers began to watch intently.

°•••°•••RINK-O-RAMA•••°•••°
lenora,california

It was at this moment that Mike wished Lea was still in Lenora because if she saw what was going on right now, Angela would be dead.

He and Will stood side by side watching El get circled by people calling her names. Mike looked at the guy in the DJ booth and started to skate over.

Lea didn't know that El was getting bullied. Ever since she started her job at the police station, she never really had time to talk to El about school.

Sure, they hung out during the weekends but El avoided all of the questions about school. Lea didn't think anything of it. In fact, she thought El was thriving in her new school now that she was with Will.