𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐥𝐞𝐚 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐀𝐜𝐫𝐨𝐛𝐚𝐭 𝐩𝐭. 𝐭𝐰𝐨

Lea was out in the woods in front of her house. Her dad was on the phone with someone so, she took the opportunity to go out. She took a couple of knives from her dad's hunting box, she was going to try and learn how to throw knives so she could kill the thing that took Barbara and Will.

Lea focused on a spot on the tree and bent her arm and then flung the knife forwards. She breathed out in defeat as she saw that it hit the ground and not the tree.

She took the other one from her coat pocket and bent her arm. Lea screamed when a hand caught her wrist. She flung around and dropped the knife accidentally.

"What is with all the girls today?" Steve Harrington asked putting his hands on his hips.

"What!? You really shouldn't sneak up on someone when they have a weapon, Steve Harrington." Lea snapped. Steve his hands up in defense.

"Sorry. But uh, what's with the knives?"

'I... I-i was bored. So I just wanted to pick up a new hobby. You know... I think I'm getting pretty good." she pretend to throw the knife at Steve which just made her accidentally drop it on the ground.

"Yeah, you're a natural." Steve said. Lea shook her head trying to hide a smile. "Listen, you wanna catch a movie? All The Right Moves is still going on." Steve smiled.

"Oh yeah? Well, what did Nancy say when you asked her?" Lea smirked.

"Okay, hold on. What makes you think I asked Nancy?" Steve dragged out, shrugging his shoulders.

"You wanna think about that? 'Cause I can wait." Lea nodded, crossing her arms.

"Okay, fine. I did ask Nancy, but she said she couldn't and I just need something to do." Steve rambled.

"Oh, I hope I'm not that something to do," Lea said. Steve almost choked on air.

"What? N-no n- why would that-"

"Relax! I was kidding." Steve took a breath of relief. "But, I actually can't. I have something with a uh, a friend." Lea hated that she couldn't go to the movies with Steve. She wanted to go but her waiting for Nancy to call and her not wanting to be a homewrecker was getting in the way of that.

"What? Come on..."

"I'm sorry Steve, I really am. But I gotta go." Lea stuffed the knives she had in her pocket and walked off, looking back every couple of seconds to see Steve walking away, scratching the back of his neck. It also looked like he was talking to himself which was a little strange.

She turned around and went up the stairs to the trailer. She opened the door and saw her dad putting his coat on.

"Who was that?" Hopper asked zipping it up.

"Oh, just a friend from school." Lea smiled nervously. "Did you tell mom I said hi?" Lea figured that's who he was talking to since he didn't really have any friends.