𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐭𝐮𝐛

Lea's head was on the table and she was thinking

Lea's head was on the table and she was thinking. Nothing in particular. She was just thinking. Callahan was still sitting in front of her.

"Jonathan? Jesus, what... what happened?" Lea lifted her head at the sound of Joyce Byers's voice.

"I'm fine."

"Why is he wearing handcuffs?" Joyce asked Callahan as he stood up. Hopper went over to Lea.

"Lea Noel Hopper. What did you do?" He asked. She rolled her eyes and sighed. Callahan stepped into their conversation.

"She pushed Powell chief." Callahan stuck his hands on his hips.

"What are you three years old? You gonna tattle on her?" Hopper asked in disbelief.

"Why are they wearing handcuffs?"

"Cause your boy assaulted a police officer and little Missy over here pushed one."

"Take them off." Joyce said.

"I am afraid I cannot do that."

"Take those cuffs off of my daughter before you don't have a job. Now."

"Take them off!" Joyce yelled.

"Chief, I get everyone's emotional here but there's something you need to see."

《♡》《♡》

Lea was now sat next to Jonathan, still in handcuffs. Hopper came in and set the box of supplies they bought at the hunting store. Joyce looked through it.

"What is this?"

"Why don't you ask your son. We found it in his car.' Hopper said looking down at the three teens.

"Why were you going through my car?" Jonathan asked.

"Is that really the question you should be asking right now?" Hopper leaned over his desk.

"Dad-"

"I want to see you in my office." Hopper growled.

"You won't believe me." Jonathan spoke up.

"Why don't you give me a try?" Hopper said leaning in once again. Lea clenched her jaw and looked away.

《♡》《♡》《♡》

Joyce handed Hopper the picture of the creature that took Barb and Will.

"You say blood draws this thing?" Hopper asked.

"We don't know." Jonathan answered.

"It's just a theory, dad." Lea said biting her lip and looking down.

《♡》《♡》

"You went in there? Huh? What about the talk we had yesterday?" Hopper said quietly to his daughter. Nancy was still sitting in the room, picking at her nails.