The Changing Seasons

The wind is blowing very strong

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

The wind is blowing very strong. People are fastening their pace and tightening their thick cloth. In Yeop is amongst the people who is walking on the street. He throws his sight to his surroundings, looking for a place to go. He stops and looks over his watch on the wrist. He sighs with the fact that he has to wait until dawn as his father is more likely to be not at home at that time.

His eyes catch the coffee shop across the street. Tightening his long coat, he waits for the light green to cross and heads towards the building. The room heater immediately warms up his body, making him let out a satisfied sigh.

"Welcome to Amor Coff--"

"Oh!" His eyes widen in recognition then quickly take a look around. Realizing where he is, his lips turn into a lopsided grin as he approaches the counter. "We meet again, Park Eun Ha." he greets.

Her smile fades, staring at In Yeop who is looking through the menu above her head.

"What are you doing here?" her face shows indifference, even her tone is flat.

He switches his attention to her. "Yah, won't your boss be angry with you if you greet customers like that?" he criticizes.

She let out a deep sigh. "Just go, In Yeop."

"I'm here as a customer." he stubbornly says. "What do you suggest? I don't really like sweets."

"Hwang In Yeop, please," she bite her lips, holding her anger. "Just go."

In Yeop purposely ignores her, "Coffee? Which one is the favorite?"

When she is about to snap at him, another customer comes in and stands in line behind In Yeop. In Yeop looks at her innocently and waits for her answer.

"What about caramel latte, Sir?" she grits her teeth, forcing a smile.

He quickly shakes his head, "I told you I don't like sweets. Another option?"

"How about Macchiato?"

"Ah," he snaps his finger. "I like that. One Macchiato, please." he smiles, handing her his card to pay.

"One Ice Macchiato!" she says a little louder.

"Yah! It's freezing out there! I want the hot one." he quickly corrects her. "Quick, change it."

Her plan doesn't work out. In the end she changes the order and finishes the payment. He moves to the side and walks to find an empty seat. He internally curses where the seat near the heater is taken so he has no choice but to sit near the window. Rubbing his palms, he sits and waits for his treat to come.

"What's wrong, Eun Ha?" Jong Jin, her co-worker asks after she finishes with the customers.

Eun Ha shakes her head, "Nothing, Oppa."

Jong Jin looks at the guy who talked with her earlier. "Isn't he the guy that you bumped into the other day?" having a good memory, he asks and she finally nods. "Do you know him?"