Impact

For the next few days, the office is anything but quiet

For the next few days, the office is anything but quiet. Her co-workers have been asking about Hwang In Yeop and his mysterious-yet attractive friend. Eun Ha has no choice but to tell them the truth about their mutual friend. However, she chooses not to say anything about who In Yeop is. It's harder than she thought but she doesn't want to make any mistake by saying that he is also her high school friend.

There are times she chooses to have lunch on her own just to avoid the questions. Since the office is big enough for all the employees, she can still find an empty spot to do her work. Bringing her laptop to one of the 'thinking halls' -or so they called here, she sits at one of the cushions facing the big window.

For the next few hours she is too focused on her work, researching and making phone calls for their next project. She has to make more effort in negotiating through calls since she has limited English vocabulary.

"Can we meet in person to discuss this?" she offers as she sees there is no way to get the information through the phone call only. "Yes, Ma'am. Tomorrow after lunch will be great."

After the phone call, she input her schedule on the calendar company for everyone to see. Now all she needs to find is someone with good English to accompany her tomorrow.

As she starts to get exhausted, she puts her laptop to her side and leans her head against the sofa. Now that she closes her eyes, she starts to feel relaxed for once. As her surroundings starts to get even comfortable, unconsciously she drifted into dreamland.

----

"Where is Eun Ha?"

"I don't know. I haven't seen her since this morning."

"Try to check the calendar whether she has any schedule outside today or not."

One of them checks the company calendar and shakes her head, "She has one tomorrow. She should've been around here."

"Let's just find her. The office is not that humongous, besides I need to take some short break."

At the suggestion, there are four of them who decide to look for Eun Ha as they also need to stretch their limbs by a light walk. They check the meeting room, the pantry and even the rooftop but still Eun Ha is nowhere in sight. Even their phone call goes straight to the voice mail.

One of them abruptly stops on his track, making the other three bump into him.

"What the hell?! Why did you stop, Sung Woo?"

He turns around and asks them to stay silent. "That's our Manager right there." he whispers, pointing to the tall man who is standing outside the 'thinking hall' area. Their eyes follow his eyesight to where he is looking at. The girls notice the legs that show at one of the sofas. Even though it's only her back facing them, they notice the shoes she is wearing.

"That's Eun Ha!" she almost says it out loud but the other quickly prevents her by shutting her mouth with their hands.

The four of them watch In Yeop hesitating to move his legs inside. The hesitation is clear in his body language, even though they don't know him personally. They can tell there are a lot of things in his head that prevent him from making such a simple decision.