Regret

Jae Hyun looks back to the empty seat for the umpteenth time

Jae Hyun looks back to the empty seat for the umpteenth time. He can't focus on what he's doing, neither on the subject. The teacher notices that he has not been paying attention but she doesn't do anything. He looks back to his paper and tries harder to focus. It has been exactly one week since the last time he saw her. He tried to call her, but it left unanswered. His texts are ignored and it makes him even worry.

The bell rings and his father calls him just in time. His attention diverts to his phone as he walks out from the classroom. Ji Yeon and Hwa Young who are about to approach him, leaves hanging as they see him out.

"Do you think it's Eun Ha calling?" Hwa Young wondering out loud.

"I don't know."

"But he's the one who was with her. He must know something."

Ji Yeon watches him talking over the phone as he stops for a moment before continuing walking. His face gives the answer to her right away.

"That's not Eun Ha."

"How do you know?"

Ji Yeon smiles at the response, "Let's just leave her another message. Did she read the last one?" she changes the topic. Hwa Young looks over to her phone to check then slowly shakes her head. "She must have a good reason why she was absent for the whole week."

"Do you think it's because she ditch the class and her family got mad at her?"

"If that was the reason, doesn't the decision make it even worse for her attendance?"

"You're right." she sighs and decides to text her again.

On the other hand, Cho Rong and the others just arrive at their class and already make the usual commotion with the others. Cho Rong notices that In Yeop has been down for the whole week and he knows exactly the reason why. But he pretends not to know anything whenever the others ask. He doesn't even try to ask how he is doing. But today, it's going to be different.

"Hwang In Yeop," he calls to the sleeping figure. He knows better than he doesn't even sleep. "Yah!" he kicks his table this time. The others widen their eyes at his unusual act towards In Yeop. For the whole week they tried so hard not to make his mood even worse. But here Cho Rong purposely annoys him.

Seeing him remains still, he kicks the table even harder that makes the others hold his big build to prevent him for doing something stupid.

"Yah! Hwang In Yeop!"

"Hey! Hey! What's wrong with you, Cho Rong?!"

"Just let him be!" another voice joins as he pulls him by his arm.

But Cho Rong ignores their warnings and gives him another kick. "Wake up you idiot!"

At that time, In Yeop finally moves as he hits the table with a loud bang. He stands up towering over him with a murderous glare on his face. His teeth girth in rage. The whole class fell silent at the thick atmosphere, watching the two friends glaring at each other. Even their own friends can't do anything but to watch both of them in worry.