The Urge

"Jae Hyun-ssi, are you sure you can cover for me?"

He looks up, fixing his glasses on his nose bridge with a nod.

"You are pushing yourself too hard these days."

"Your uncle is as important as this job you said. Go ahead, have dinner with him."

She sighs, feeling guilty all of sudden. If only she knows that it's going to be his shift today, she might push her dinner plan.

"I owe you."

He shakes his head, "I don't mind."

"Let me buy you dinner. Please, I insist." she pushes again before he can refuse.

"Sure."

Once his colleague is gone, he stops writing on his paper. His mind goes again to what happened exactly a week ago and another displeasure feeling rushes again. He already keeps himself twice as busy as usual to keep him occupied but it seems it's not enough. Neither of them reached out. He is too scared and not believing himself to not still have his hopes up. This is also what scared him the most. He wanted to keep silent about how he feels but at the same time, he knows he should let her know about it sooner or later.

Taking a deep sigh, he wonders how long this is going to take for him. This should be one of many first times things that he hates for not knowing how to face it.

"Incoming for bed 4!"

At the loud siren and shouts, his body automatically ready as he gets up from his seat. Fixing his stethoscope and glasses, he runs towards the emergency gate; saving life, ignoring what's needed to be saved inside.

—-

"What did he say?"

A figure who already makes people turn their head at her, flips her long locks gracefully as she nods.

"Mr. Hwang wants you to consider the offer. It's the best offer you can think of so far if you really want to pursue the career path you said you wanted.

He can't help but to think deeply. He never liked the presence of his father's personal assistant. None of his PAs last for more than a year but this one is different. She has held the position for almost 3 years as far as he knows and by the way she always says something that sounds full of authority, sending him different messages. His parents already decided to live separately when he graduated from high school. It's not something new to see his father being seen with different women.

"You can tell him that I'm not going to take anything that has something to do with him."

Min Ji Soo slowly moves her finger and traces his hand with her long nail, sending him shivers in an uncomfortable way.

"You're not thinking that you got everything you have right now with your hard work, right?"

His jaw hardened. He's having a hard time not bursting out in anger.