Companion

It's calm, it's soothing

He can feel the air from the air-con start to feel a little bit colder to his skin. As he tries to move his body, that's when he feels something. How his head leans in an unusual way but strangely gives a new comfortable feeling. Now that he notices, he feels someone breathing on him. His eyelids flicker and slowly open. As it finally opens, he recognizes that he is still in his office. All the lights are still on and the table is still messy with the papers and switched-off laptop.

A weak movement on his hand brings his attention to it. How his eyes jolt open as he finds his own fingers tangled on someone's without him noticing.

'Who--- Park Eun Ha?!'

Beside him, the figure of Eun Ha sleeping surprised him. He tries to recall everything and why he fell asleep. As he pushes himself to think, his head starts to ache again. At his soft groan, she finally stirs awake. He has no time to think how to react. As their eyes meet, he can't take his eyes off of hers. Of course it doesn't go unnoticed when her forehead slowly turns into a deep frown.

"Yah, you--," she snaps, sighing. "Did you realize that you just faint on me?"

In Yeop is frozen due to shock at her rising voice.

"Did you even get enough sleep everyday? For your information, you looked extra bad today and don't even try to fool me because everyone can tell that you're exhausted." she rants again, shaking her head in disapproval.

"You," she points her forefinger at him. "Don't even think to worry about anyone when you can't even take care of yourself. Got it?" she clicks her tongue, narrowing her eyes at him.

He takes a moment to process what is going on and blinks his eyes at her.

"Are you mad at me?" he unconsciously asks carefully.

"Yes," she smugly says. "It's not office hours anymore so I'll say whatever I want." she adds in defense.

Even though she is angry, it doesn't bother him. What still makes him surprised is how she immediately drops all the formalities on him and how she reminds him of her back in high school. How she is always bold and loud whenever they meet. How everything becomes wrong and worth bickering whenever they talk. Here she is, many years later, sitting beside him and doing everything just the same.

"I don't care if you don't want to acknowledge me or whatever. That's your problem. But the fact that you just fainted because of work, possibly, bothers me." she says. The situation honestly reminds her of her own and she promises that she won't let anyone experience the same.

After taking a deep sigh, she finally asks in a much more normal tone. "How are you feeling right now? You were burning."

"I feel okay."

She narrows her eyes again, "Do you still have any medicine?"

"I think I ate the last one. Let me check on my bag."