Chapter 16: Great.. Just great.

Skylar's POV (unedited)

Bad luck must have been on my side the whole night now. I was about to turn around and avoid Ashton but unfortunately Matt saw me and called me over. If I don't go there he'll know something is up, I can't let that happen. I can't handle another drama in my life right now. The stress is REAL. Ugh. 'Let's just get this over with' I thought to myself while making my way over them.

"Hey babe" I smiled brightly at him. "Hey ash" i greeted ashton so Matt won't suspect anything. "Uh. H-hey?" Ashton answered awkwardly though it sounded more like a question. "Are you alright mate?" Matt asked Ashton. Shit, he noticed. Ashton ehy did you have to be so obvious. "Uh yeah. Just have a sore throat coming. I guess." Ashton reasoned. 'Good save' I thought to myself.

"Umm Matt. Can we go home now?? I'm kind of tired." I asked matt. I checked my phone and saw a lot of notifications from my friends mentioning me on twitter. I guess I'll check that tomorrow. I still need to sober up, I'm still kinda drunk, I'm not surprised there. I drank a lot of alcohol tonight.

"Sure" he replied "oh shit. dude can I borrow your car? I'll just return it tomorrow morning " Matt said turning to Ashton. ohh yeah we came here using his car. "Yeah sure, here ya go. see ya around." He gave matt his car keys then did their weird handshake. Wait, they already have a handshake?

"Bye ash" i smiled weakly to him. "Bye" he said avoiding eye contact. Ugh. I hate the awkwardness. I wish we could just go back to the way we were before the party. Just close friends. Just FRIENDS. But that seemed impossible right now. I hope I'm wrong. I grew close to him these past weeks.

I value my friends like a treasure, I don't want to lose him. Not again. He was my best friend before all this modelling shit. He was my best friend before we even started dating. I knew there was a 50 % chance of losing him when I dated him back then. I shouldn't have risked it.

"You alright? You're awfully quiet. It kinda scares me" Matt joked trying to light up the mood. I nudged him. "Shut up. I'm just reaalllyy tired" I chuckled. Now that wasn't exactly a lie. I really was tired. But that's not the main reason I wanted to go home.

"Let's go home then and get you some rest" he started the car smiled brightly at me.

......
ASHTON's POV

So Skylar already left with her boyfriend Matt. Hurt is an understatement when it comes to describing what I'm feeling right now. I know she's gonna avoid me starting now. I wish I shouldn't have told her. Now I ruined everything, including our friendship. Honestly she reminds me of my ex girlfriend/best friend, Skylar. They even had the same name! Can you believe that!?!
I'm just gonna drink my sorrow away. I'm just gonna drown my self in alcohol. I decided to go to the bar and get myself drunk.

"5 tequila shots please" I said to the bartender. "someone's depressed" the bartender chuckled. "Oh you know the usual stuff. Just a dude getting dumped." I smiled bitterly. "It's her loss. Trust me" she winked at me then went to get my drink. Honestly she was pretty but I'm not in the mood to flirt with anyone right now. All I could think about is skylar. I'm starting to hate the name skylar. I got broken-hearted because of 2 skylars now.

This is so sad I just I ca- "here's you drink" the bartender reappeared interrupting my thoughts. I looked at my drink and saw that she left here number near my drink. If I wasn't broken-hearted right now I would have flirted with her already. Ugh, what is wrong with me.

Maybe this'll go away. Mabe it's just an infatuation, right? 'Yeah an infatuation that could last for a reeeaally long time' my subconscious said. "Just shut up." I muttered to myself. I must be really drunk now because I'm talking to myself. Ugh.

I bought a whole bottle of jack daniels then stood up from the bar and made my way outside. I searched for my car keys through my pockets. Oh shit. I gave them to Matt I thought.
I guess I'm walking to my house.
It's not that far anyways. Just a 10 minute walk. I started to walk to my house with a drink in my hand.
I probably look like one of the characters in a shitty movie. Never thought I'll be like this. I can see myself as Cook from skins.

I checked my watch to see what time it is, and it is already 3 am. Now I'm thinking of the song why'd you only call me when you're high I love arctic monkeys.
Speaking of calling, i should call sky. I took my phone from my pocket then searched my contacts for skylar. I pressed call then started to walk again to my house

It rung for like 5 times before she answered. "Hello?" Her voice hoarse from sleep. "Heyyy skyy" I slurred. "Ashton?? What the fuck it's already 3 am.. What do you want??" She asked irritated. I guess I interrupted her sleep?? Oopss. "I waant youu.." I said slurring "Ashton. You're drunk." She stated. "Yeeeaaaah. I aaam." I said smiling to myself. "Ash. Just go to sleep." She sighed. "I like it when you call me ash." I said chuckling.

The line was silent. "Are you still theeerre??" I said. "Yeah." She said shortly. "Whyy aree you soo quiettt??" I asked her. "What do you want me to say?" She asked. "Ummmmmmm.." I said prolonging the 'm' pretending to think. "You like me too" i said
"Ash... You know I have a boyfriend. And you're just drunk. Go to sleep". She said calmly. "Yeeaahh I know but.. I think I love youu.." I said frowning. The line was silent for a while then skylar spoke "Ashton. just go to sleep. You're too drunk. Good night."

"But I -" I was cut off hy skylar hanging up. What the fuck? But I just.. Nevermind.

I was too busy talking to sky that I didn't notice that I was already in front of my house. I made my way to the front door and unlocked it. I tried to be quiet as possible but as drunk as I am, that quite impossible. After a few trips and falls Made my way to my room.
I jumped to my bed and i think I fell asleep.

************

I was woken up by an alarm. "Fucking hell" i muttered then slammed the alarm. My head is pounding and last night's event after matt and sky left the party was still a blur to me. "Ugh. Why the fuck do I have an alarm on a weekend?" I asked myself. Oh yeah I might have forgotten to turn it off last night. I stood up groggily then went to go the bathroom to get some tylenols from my medicine cabinet. It's a good thing I don't puke when I drink. Hangovers are a lot more bearable. I went back to my room and checked my phone I saw my last night's text messages.

From: ashton
To: skylar

Heeeeeyy!! You hung up on me :(((
But I stiill loovee youuu! c:

3:12 am

From: ashton
To: skylar

Are you ignoring meee?? :((
Whyyy???
Even though you're ignoring me You're still my forever :)).

3:17 am

Wtf?!
-.-.-.-.-..-.-.-.-.-.---.-.-.-.-

Hellooooo!! I'm bacckkk.
After 2 months!!
Here's an update. I'm so ssorryy for the super late update :((

I'm such a horrible person :c

Sorry if it's short and boring.

AND OMG THANK YOU FOR ALL THE READS AND VOTES, YOU GUYS are the BEST!

XOXO