Chapter 21

Skylar's POV (unedited)

"Wait up!" I shouted, panting. I've been running after him for the last 35 minutes. He has his headphones on so I don't think he heard me. Gosh Skylar you're so stupid, I thought to myself. Why did I have to follow Him while he was jogging. Ugh such a stupid move Skylar. Very stupid. I picked up my pace, pushed myself, cause seriously this guy could run. Fast. This is probably the stupidest idea ever skylar. Indeed very stupid. I shook all the negative comments from myself to myself. And pushed myself a bit more. I finally caught up, well at least at arm length for me to be able to tap his shoulder.

"Ashton" I said as I tapped his shoulder. He slowed down his running, removed his earphones and turned his head around to see who tapped him. "Oh it's just you sky, you're going for a jog too?" He asked. And yep he's talking to me now. We always hung out with our friends for the past 2 weeks and I don't know how we started talking but we were on better terms now. But we still haven't talked about the thing we fought about that's the reason I followed him around like maniac, I wanted to talk to him. "Um. Yeah, I just happened to run into you" I lied. Because I can't exactly say 'No, I was actually following you around for the past 35 minutes like a total obsessed psycho stalker' Now can I? It was just pure coincidence that I was preparing for my gym session, which I now missed, when I saw him pass by so I was wearing workout clothes. I swear my Manager would kill me for missing Gym, at least I got to do cardio.

"Cool, so you need anything?" He asked. "Uhhh yeeeeah, wanna go grab coffee? I need to talk to you about something" I said nervously. "Coffee? Talk? Those 2 combination sounds awfully familiar" he joked referring to the last time we had a one on one talk. This was a good sign, he was able to joke about it. "Yeah it does and that's kinda what I want to talk about" I said sheepishly, rubbing the back of my neck. Ashton Just looked at me for a while he looked like he was contemplating if he should Go with me or not. I mean if I were him I probably wouldn't since the last time we had a talk over coffee things didn't end up very well. We ended up fighting and not talking for a while. But his answer surprised me "Fine, let's go, I know a cafe nearby" he says before taking off the same direction he was jogging on earlier. I admit I was shocked but I followed suit, I didn't want to be left behind and besides I didn't have any disguise on so people recognized me, I saw someone earlier took a pic of me while I was jogging after Ashton. I didn't worry though they all knew I had a boyfriend but they aren't that familiar with Matt's face cause I tried keeping him off the limelight, it'll make his life more complicated and I didn't want to drag him to this kind of life. But they might get the wrong idea that I was cheating on my boyfriend with Ashton and send it to tmz or something. I'll just have to call my publicist later to get that fixed in case that happens.

We reached the nearby cafe, Ashton was talking about. It wasn't as near as I thought, it was 2 kilometers away! I thought when he said nearby he meant like a block away or something. "God, do you even know the definition of near" I said sarcastically while panting. "It is! Don't be such a wimp, you're a model right? Don't you like workout a lot?" Ashton said, standing near the door waiting for me to catch my breath. "Yeah I do, but dude you run fast!" I defended. 'And I've been running after you for 35 minutes!' I mentally added.

"Whatever. You're such a girl" he teased "I am a girl! And that's so sexist!" I said, offended by his statement. "Woaah calm down. I was just jokin" he said, putting both of his hands up in surrender. "Not a good joke" I glared at him before stomping childishly to the cafe. I heard Ashton chuckled lowly because of my actions.

We ordered our drinks and went to find an isolated table so we could talk privately. "Soooo you wanted to talk about something.....?" Ashton trailed off. "The undercover thing" I said playing with the stirrer on my coffee. "The Hannah Montana thing?" He smirked, amused by his own joke. I just blinked at him. Not amused at all. "Oh lighten up Ms. Grumpy pants" he said. I tried forcing back a smile when he called me grumpy pants but failed miserably.

"Are you still mad?" I asked him seriously now, looking for an honest answer. "Honestly?" He asked. I just nodded not trusting my voice to no break or something because I was far too nervous. "No. At first I was really really really really Mad and trust me I wanted to stay mad at you." He explained. And it was like my insides dropped at his statement bu then he continued "But then I found my self not hating you anymore. I just couldn't stay mad at you for that long." This made my heart swell with happiness. I'm very glad that he wasn't mad at me anymore. I couldn't stand the thought of losing him again. All because of my career again. I was about to do my happy dance when Ashton muttered something almost inaudible but I manage to hear it "I love you too much to hate you that long"

"What?" I asked him to repeat his last statement just to make sure I wasn't hallucinating. Just to check if was turning delusional. "Huh?" He tried playing dumb with me. "The thing you just said" I pushed. "I don't hate you anymore" he repeated the wrong statement. I decided to drop it since he clearly doesn't want to repeat himself.

"But seriously Ashton. I'm really sorry, It was never my intention to hurt you" I apologized. "No biggie, but please I beg you Sky. Don't ever cause me that much pain ever again" He said, his eyes were pleading mine to promise that I wouldn't. "I promise not to hurt you. At least not intentionally" I said, meaning every word that came out from my mouth.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-
a/n

HI GUYSS!!
Here's another update! It's short though. Sorryy!

I'm not sure yet when my next update will be. School's a week away so I might be preoccupied but I'll try updating soon.

Please vote and comment!