~4~

Barry had put Adelaide to sleep in the guest room, deciding that he would decorate it the next day for her and turn it into his room.

Now he was alone to his thoughts, attempting to get some rest however it was impossible when his thoughts were loud. He couldn't stop thinking about his beloved Kara.

It's been 6 months... she's probably moved on by now. She's probably happy with another man. She's probably forgot about him. He couldn't lie, as much as he wanted her to be happy, he hated that it couldn't be with him.

The speedforce's warning rang in his head, reminding him that he was to not see Kara. He couldn't imagine what could happen to Kara. If anything were to happen to her, especially on Barry's selfish accords, he wouldn't be able to bring himself to forgive himself.

How was Kara? He had to know whether she was alright.

Lizzie too! How was she getting on? Had they both moved on?

Enough was enough. He had to check on the two. Even if he couldn't communicate with them, he had to make sure they were okay. From afar of course. Even if it meant breaking his heart.

He slowly and quietly got out of bed, tiptoeing to check on Adelaide. Upon seeing her soundly asleep, he sped out of the apartment, rushing to get to his little sisters apartment first.

This seemed a bit creepy, yes. He knew that but that didn't matter. He had other things on his mind.

Lizzie was calmly sleeping in her bed calmly.

He smiled at her from afar, deciding to now go visit Kara. Well.... from afar that is.

His heart ached for her. Even a glance at her would suffice.

He'd have much preferred to see her face to face. To see her smile once again. The hear the melodic sound of her laugh again. To feel her lips on his once again. God he missed her.

Kara sat in her apartments living room, Barry having phased into her bedroom as he gazed at her from afar.

Kara's eyes were tear filled, completely red, indicating that she had been crying.

Barry could see her gazing into the distance, her hand momentarily touching her face as she sniffled.

Her hand remained at her neck where she fiddled with something.

A necklace, a locket to be precise.

It was open as her fingers grazed over the picture. She stared at the picture inside, one which Barry couldn't identify, but it was the locket Barry had given her for her birthday. He assumed it was the picture he had left in there of the two of them unless she changed it.

"I miss you Barry. I don't know if you can hear but please come back. Come home. To me. Please" she said, a tear landing on her locket.

Barry couldn't stomach the sight, feeing guilty at how she was currently feeling and what she was currently going through.

God, he hated himself for what he was putting her through. And all for what he assumed was her safety. He couldn't let the speedforce take her. This was for Kara.

He didn't notice he was crying until he felt something wet land on his hand. It was as if it was reflex but he had also sniffled, Kara immediately hearing.

That's when she also picked up on the extra heartbeat.

"Who's there?" She called out.

Barry's heart speed immediately began to pick up in fear and worry, Kara standing up as she wiped her tears, making her way to her room cautiously and slowly.