~32~

"Hey, we're here. What's wrong?" Barry asked, having rushed to the DEO.

"Auntie Lizzie, why are you sad?" Adelaide asked, Kara setting her down.

"It's nothing sweetheart." Lizzie smiled through her tears.

"Adelaide, honey, why don't you go find Anna. She should be here somewhere." Kara suggested, Adelaide nodding and going.

"Are you okay Liz?" Kara asked, kneeling in front of her to check on her as Barry sat beside her.

"I'm sorry." Lizzie said, wiping her tears.

"Gimme a second." Barry said, speeding away, picking Adelaide up and speeding to Madison.

"Can you watch her?" Barry asked.

"Yeah, sure." Madison said.

"Great." Barry said, speeding back towards Kara and Lizzie and then speeding them to Lizzie's apartment.

"Should I call Alex for you?" Kara asked.

"No." Lizzie quickly said.

"Calm down. Do you want some water?" Barry asked, Lizzie nodding as he walked to fill up a glass and handed it to her. She took a sip of the drink.

"I messed up Barry." She said.

"Hey, tell us what happened." Barry said.

"Well the power went out. All around National. It... it interfered with my dampening bracelets." Lizzie began.

"Oh god, what happened..."

"Power... dampening cuffs?" Kara asked.

"Lizzie has powers. She's a meta." Barry quickly explained.

"Oh." Kara said.

"I just... I felt a surge of power rushing through me and it just... shot out of me."

"Oh my god, did anyone see?"

"Practically half of the DEO. Alex thought I didn't know about my powers and was willing to help me but... when she realised I knew about them... when she saw the dampening cuffs... she ran off."

"Oh rao..." Kara mumbled.

"It's okay Lizzie." Barry said, leaning his head on her shoulder and giving her a hug. He moved back away and instead, Lizzie lay her head on her brother's shoulder, sniffling.

"You should have seen the look of betrayal on her face... the pain. God, I feel so guilty." Lizzie whispered.

"It'll be okay Lizzie. She'll forgive you. I know Alex. She needs you. You make her happy and you two were made for each other. She'll get over it quickly." Kara assured.

"You're not mad?" Lizzie asked.

"What? Of course not, I know how it feels to have to keep it a secret. You'll still be one of my best friends." Kara said, hugging Lizzie.

"Thank you guys. So much." Lizzie smiled.

"Here, I'm gonna go check on Alex. I'll see you later." Kara said, getting up and going.

"Erm, Barry. I don't know if I told you but... I... I'm going back to Earth 1 for a while. I just... Dad got bail from a friend and he's... out of jail so I'm expected to go see him. I'll be back... but I wasn't sure if I told you." Lizzie said.

"That's fine. Just make sure you see Alex before you go and say bye to me." Barry said.

"I'll probably go in a bit. Let me just... calm down a bit. Can we watch a movie? Please?"