~31~

"Hey, where'd you go?" Kara asked, her finger on her chin in a motion of thought as she gazed around, turning a corner quietly. She stood behind Adelaide who giggled, not knowing Kara was stood behind her.

"Oh, hi." She said, picking Adelaide up and spinning her with ease due to her superstrength, causing her laughs to sound throughout the apartment. She placed her down when a knock was heard at the door.

"Who is it?" She yelled out.

"It's Barry!" He responded.

"It's open!" Kara replied, tickling Adelaide now as she laughed.

"Stop it!" She giggled.

"Hey, what's going on here?" Barry chuckled.

"Nothing." Kara smiled.

"Well, I got both of you some chocolates and a rose for you Kara. And a little teddy for you Adie." Barry said, moving his hand from behind his back as he handed the single rose, crimson coloured, to Kara along with a box of chocolates and a teddy along with a bar of chocolate for his daughter.

"Yes, thank you daddy!" Adelaide happily smiled, running towards him and hugging him.

"Aww, thank you Barry. I love it." Kara said, placing the chocolates on the counter and filling up a vase with a bit of water before placing the flower inside of it.

She then picked up the chocolates and opened it, putting one in her mouth.

"What? I like chocolates." Kara said, her mouth full with the heavenly treat.

"I know, that's why I got it!" Barry laughed.

"Hey, by the way, I don't recognise this outfit Adelaide is wearing. I didn't get that for her, did I?" Barry asked.

"About that. I may or may not have bought her a dress as a random little gift for the next time she came mine. Which happened to be today."

"It's pretty." Barry remarked.

"Yes Mummy, I love it!"

"Well, shall we get going to the park?" Barry asked.

"Yeah, sure."

"Daddy look! There's a cat!" Adelaide excitedly squealed as she tugged on Barry's hand, managing to escape his grasp as she ran towards the small, fluffy animal. Barry just watched her and chuckled.

Barry and Kara watched as the cat only ran away from Adelaide, causing her to frown and make her way back to her parents.

"It left." She sighed.

"It's okay, that's what all animals do sweetie. They're just scared." Barry said.

"Oh."

"Do you like cats?" Kara asked, Adelaide nodding.

"Do you?"

"I do, but I'm more of a dog person."

"Dogs are cute!"

"They are, aren't they?"

"Daddy, can I go play over there?" She asked, pointing towards the area where the other kids were.

"Of course, don't move from there though. Make sure you stay within our sight." Barry said, Adelaide nodding before running off.