~33~

LOLOLOL I FORGOT MADISONS LAST NAME LMFAO PLS IM MAKING IT UP AGAIN.

"Hey..." Lizzie said, standing at the doorway as she leaned on the frame, playing with the sleeve of her pale blue cardigan, only to receive silence from Alex.

"Can we... talk? I'll explain." Lizzie said, walking into the apartment now as she continued to play with her sleeve.

"You've got... quite a bit to explain." Alex said.

"I know."

"Go on." Alex prodded.

"Well... where do I start?"

"From the beginning." Alex coldly said.

"Right. It's hard for me to open up, I'll admit it."

"No shit." Alex mumbled.

"Before I explain... I need to take that out of your arm." Lizzie said, moving towards Alex only for Alex to move backwards.

"Alex. You got hit by my powers. I didn't mean for it to happen but you're injured so let me take it out because you can't take it out yourself." Lizzie said.

Alex sighed, allowing Lizzie to take her arm and look at it, guiding Alex to sit down.

Lodged in her skin was a small shard of glass, hardly noticeable. Lizzie grabbed a pair of tweezers, carefully taking it out whilst inspecting it closely.

"Finished?" Alex asked.

"Shh. I need to be focused." Lizzie hushed, picking out the shard and placing it on the table. There wasn't much blood so she just wiped it with a bit of antiseptic from the first aid kit and placed a plaster on it.

It was silent for a moment.

"I got my powers the day of the particle accelerator explosion, much like Barry. Though... I didn't know about it until... Madison took my hostage. She pissed me off so much and it set off something within me, which triggered my dormant powers. And that's how I discovered I had powers. I hurt someone. I felt like a monster... like my father. That's why I locked myself in my room for so long." She said, pausing before continuing.

"Eventually, Barry came and I had to let it out. So I told him. We figured that I must have gotten my powers when the particle accelerator exploded. The night it happened, Father came home after drinking. He threw a bottle against a mirror, a few shards lodged itself into my skin. Whilst I was cleaning it all up, I got a few more shards piercing my skin. That's when I saw it. The explosion."

"Were you okay?"

"I didn't really think it affected me as much as it did. But it was triggered and I found out what had actually happened. I didn't want these. I accidentally killed someone with them. I felt like a monster, a failure. Barry helped me conceal them with something Caitlin used to keep her powers hidden. He trained me to control them as best as I could. It worked. I really didn't want anyone to find out because then I myself would have to properly acknowledge them and I did not want that. Then... well the power outage must have interfered with the power dampeners and... I guess a burst of my power just... well came out of me." She whispered, tears threatening to spill at the reminder that she had murdered someone.

"So... you were never going to tell me?" Alex inquired.

"No. I wanted to forget completely about them. I wasn't planning on using them so it was pointless."

"We promised to not keep secrets from each other. You agreed yet you still didn't tell me?"

"Alex, it's not that big of a deal."