~19~

———————————————————————

'Love is what makes the ride
worthwhile'

———————————————————————

"Damn it!" Alaia screamed in frustration, throwing the notebook and pen out of her hands and on the desk.

"Hey, hey! What's wrong?" Her older brother asked.

"When the Red K was made, it wasn't exactly manufactured to have a cure so it's difficult to actually find one!"

"Maybe we should have put that into consideration. That we'd need a cure because we'd need to do this." Chris mumbled.

"Ya think?"

"Well... you're one of the smartest people I know! We've defeated many things, Onus. This can't be that hard!"

"Correction, you guys defeated them. I'm never on field."

"You are sometimes."

"Most of the time, no."

"But your knowledge is a great assist."

"Yea, mine and Ari's knowledge combined is."

"I know you can do this Laya. I have faith."

"Hey, how's this cure getting along?" Alex asked, walking in as she decided to check up on the pair.

"Shit." Alaia groaned.

"What's the problem?"

"The problem is I need help. I'm not used to working alone and it isn't doing so well for me."

"Well I know someone who can help" Barry said as he too entered.

"Winn?" Alex asked.

"I mean, I was going to say Lena."

"How about both?" Alaia shyly requested.

"I mean, we'll get closer to a cure. That could work considering how well the two worked together at one of Lena's galas when Mon first arrived." Alex said.

"Okay, you call Winn and I'll bring Lena." Barry said.

——

Barry, dressed in his new hero outfit as to not raise Lena's suspicion as to why Barry had been so invested in rescuing Supergirl, snuck into L-Corp.

For a woman who was targeted multiple times by multiple people, her work place's security really wasn't amazing.

Lena closed her door, a plastic container of food in hand. When she turned around, she didn't expect to see the unnamed hero sat in her office, on her chair.

"What do you want?" She asked, cautiously.

"I need your help."

"Why should I help you?"

"Well, it's not so much me who needs your help, more like Supergirl."