~17~

——————————————————————

'Your lack of love broke me yet
I still crave the warmth of your arms'

——————————————————————

"Adelaide, why are you still awake? I thought I told you to go to bed ages ago" Barry chuckled, walking into the living room after leaving the bathroom to see his daughter watching TV.

"But I wanted to watch Frozen!"

"Oh god, who introduced you to that?"

"Auntie Lizzieeee" Adelaide sing songed.

"Dear god, she's building her tribe. I'm going to have to endure this torture double the amount now." Barry groaned as Adelaide giggled.

"Okay but seriously, go to bed."

"But I'm not tired."

"I'll read you a bedtime story?"

"Hmm... if you get me food in the morning then yes. But the food I want"

"Hmm... deal. As long as it's not too unhealthy."

"Is candy unhealthy?"

"Mhm"

"Ugh. Fine, deal then."

"Okay I'll come tuck you in, get ready for bed and I'll come in a bit."

"Okay!" Adelaide said, turning the TV off as she hopped off of the sofa, skipping happily to her room with her teddy in hand as Barry chuckled.

He fixed the pillows on the sofa, tidying the mess on the table, when he felt a strange, random breeze.

"Strange, I thought I closed the balcony" he mumbled when he turned around to see the balcony door open.

He walked towards it, closing it, when a voice spoke up.

"Surprise"

Quickly spinning around in shock, he put a hand to his heart.

"Kara? You scared me, why didn't you knock? I would have opened it." Barry asked.

"Eh, not as fun." Kara said as she jumped off of the table she was leaning on.

"What are you doing here? I mean, at this time especially?"

"Me? I'm here to see you. I have... a proposition for you."

"Proposition?"

"I have... bigger plans for this planet. I don't want to keep.. protecting it when I could do something a whole lot more. I mean look at me Barry! I am a super-powered being! And I'm wasting all of it protecting all these useless, lazy people."

"Hey hey, where is this coming from?"

"You know where this is coming from. I have finally realised my worth. I can rule this entire earth Barry! And I can do it alone or with a lover, a friend. You. It will of course guarantee you protection but this is your only call."