Chapter 17

For those out there who love to watch anime, if you haven't already.. watch Demon Slayer because I've watched it twice on Netflix and I'm pissed that there's only two seasons🥺

Don't forget to VOTE❤️!!

"Wait, you what?!" I covered my ears as she yelled. This girl here... there's never a dull moment when she's around. A few weeks after we moved back here much to my dismay, Winston got me a therapist.

He insisted since he claimed he knew I wasn't telling him everything that's been going on and that I should at least speak to someone about it. The thing is this isn't just any therapist, this was the ex girlfriend of my brother, Dakota.

Now out of all his past girlfriend's she was and will always be my favorite. She actually wanted to be around and get to know Yumi and I unlike the others that would throw secret glares and scowls our way as if we would take him away, like what?

Sadly I don't know how or why they broke up, when it happened Bryant wouldn't tell me of course and Dakota had her number changed, he wouldn't even tell Yumi so something bad had to happen. "Girl calm it down will you? It's not that serious." I muttered out as I laid back down on the sofa.

"You want me to calm down when you're thinking about actually giving Xavier another chance after all these years? How the hell can I be calm about that?" She exclaimed.

"Because you're the therapist here.. you know, the one who's suppose to be professional and help me through my problems." I reminded her.

Once I said that she sat up straight in her seat before acting like she needed to clear her throat.

"My apologies Ms. Miller. Now, please continue." The fact that she tried to keep a straight face but you could see her lips twitching put a smile on my face before I shook my head at her.

"I really don't know why I'm thinking about this.. it's been about close to two months since we moved back here and things have changed. Before Xavier was back into my life, before he knew about the kids I was in a depressed state almost.

I mean sure I had the life I always wanted, a nice job, two beautiful and smart children but it always felt like something was missing. Believe it or not, that void kind of filled itself when I moved back here but it's still so much that I don't understand." I explained as I stared at the ceiling, deep in thought.

"Maybe I'm just being delusional but I can see that he really has changed, he's still demanding but it's not the same guy that divorced me 5 years ago. But I know I shouldn't try and rush into things, if there is even the slightest chance we'll give it another shot we would have to take everything slow.

Start from scratch. When it comes to this decision I'm not just thinking about myself, I'm also thinking about my family. Then comes Winston as well... I already know he won't like it one bit." A small laugh came from me.

"Axarii, do not worry about what Winston or anyone else has to say about you wanting to give Xavier another chance of proving himself. That is your decision and your decision only, remember that.

If you truly see the change in him and don't think he's just trying to use or play with your feelings then go for it if that's what you and your heart desire.

Remember to not rush into something like this due to your own fear of loneliness. Just as you said during our last session, you want to let go of all the pain you've been through all those 5 years. Now it's time to let it go, you need to have a talk with him. No more fake smiles and laughs around anyone, that stops now.