Chapter 24

Just a question, what's the name of this game and do any of you guys play it😂?

Don't forget to vote!

"We didn't really get divorced." He told me.

Say what now?

"We're not really divorced? That doesn't make any sense.. we both signed the papers that day." I replied back. A small sigh came from him before he backed away, giving me some space.

"Before you even ask, no I did not 'lose' or destroy the papers in some kind of way. I planned on submitting them. I really did.

I was holding onto them for a few days while I was waiting to see if Mason could find anything, something that proved to me you didn't really do it.. but when he couldn't find anything I had given up, finally deciding to submit them.

The day I was about to Mason had barged into my office with a 'lead' but I didn't want to hear anything about it. That's when he took the opportunity to put the papers that were on my desk in the shredder while I was busy talking to a client on the phone.

That's when I then found out about Raquel being involved with the pictures I had got on that day, which is why I've kept her by my side this whole time. I promise you, the two of us have never did anything with one another.. all I want is for you to trust and forgive me.. to give me a chance." He explained.

"Okay.. so Mason shredded up the divorce papers. Why didn't you get in contact with me or my lawyer? That way I could've came back and signed it again, or send a signature virtually I don't know." I asked, purposely avoiding to talk about the other things he just said.

"Maybe because both you and your lawyer left and changed all of your contact information. It's not like I lied about that either, I've been telling you that you're my wife this entire time. And do you actually think I'd find you to sign the divorce papers again after finding out you didn't really cheat?" He responded back, I could tell that my question annoyed him but it's not like I cared.

"I mean if you really wanna go that far, you would've known the truth ahead of time if you had just given me the time to explain instead of kicking me out with no hesitation.. and I know that I was wrong for not telling you about me being pregnant but you probably would've just assumed the child or children to be Winston's." I told him.

After a few moments of silence he then cleared his throat. "After finding this out I then put two and two together, connecting the dots between her and Winston. Weeks ago when I confronted him about my theory he had admitted to it.. that day in my office when he was acting weird,

He was going to tell you but he chickened out. Anyway, this goes back to Henry... he's the one I'm worried about. Unlike Winston and Raquel who I know, him and I never really saw eye to eye, even when we worked together."

I looked up at him. "Did he have something to do with the pictures?"

Xavier shook his head. "No but I've had my men follow him and Raquel, the two heading the same direction at least twice a week. When someone had mentioned his company I asked if she knew him and she denied it.. but I've seen them together."

"I don't know what's his objective or the problem that he has with me which is why you need to stay away from him." He told me seriously.

"That day at the park.. he had told me a story about his wife meeting someone at the club I think, they had a one night stand before the guy left her all alone. She ended her life a little later after she gave birth to Henry's child." I told him.