Chapter 6

Don't forget to vote!

Hope you enjoy!

"What took you so long? Ate too many slices of cheesecakes?" Winston teased as I sat down. The palms of my hands still sweating from earlier.

"You can never have too much cheesecake." I said, trying to smile but failed. I know that I have to tell Winston, he should've known the day I saw him but I just couldn't manage to tell him.

"Look Winston, there's something I have to tell you..." I looked at him to see that he was leaning in, interested in what I was about to say.

"You're not pregnant are you... I knew that's why you wanted lemonade!" He whispers-shouted in disbelief before he grabbed my hand. I looked at him as if he had just grew another head.

"Of course not! Why would I- who would even be the- you know what... forget about it and just listen. Weeks ago at work, I happened to bump into someone that we haven't seen in years." I sighed out. One of his eyebrows going up in questioning.

"Who? Don't tell me it was that prick Tony? That guy was too hot for his age. He's bald now isn't he?"

I swear this guy...

"No it wasn't Tony! It was fucking-" Winston and I were then abruptly pulled from our seats to stand and I almost lost my balance before the person steadied me.

"You guys have been sitting here the whole time? Come on, enjoy yourself and come dance with us!" One of the other girls that sat with us, Paisley, exclaimed while dragging us before we could decline.

Winston muttered out an apology while rubbing the back of his neck. I couldn't help but scowl at Paisley. I was just about to tell him.

Greaattt.

* * * *

It only took a few minutes before the both of us finally relaxed and dance with the others, I was still worried and slightly hesitant on telling Winston about Xavier. The music we were dancing to then changed to an much slower song.

I mentally groaned before I turned to walk back to our table but I was then pulled back.

"No no little Rii, we're going to keep dancing." Winston smirked down at me teasingly before he wrapped his arms around my waist. I reluctantly put my own around his broad shoulders, locking my hands together.

I tried keeping a straight face as the two of us swayed together, him eyeing me playfully.

"I don't even like dancing, especially to songs like this. I'd rather fall off a ship and drown to the bottom of the sea as the creatures all gather round my body and eat me for dinner. And don't you ever call me that again." I angrily pouted before laying my head on his chest, not missing how he had eyed me weirdly.

"The fact that you just said all of that in one breath lowkey scares me... but it's not like it's that bad. Why are you so tense girl?" I let out a frustrated sigh, ignoring his question.

"Winston I-" I began.

"Can I cut in?" Someone behind us asked.

What is this, some princess ball?

Before you know it there's gonna be people doing curtsies and shit towards one another.

I lifted my head as Winston moved to face the person. My eyes widened in shock before I looked back between Winston and the man.