Chapter 3

Don't forget to vote!

Axarii's POV

What I wasn't expecting was to find when I woke up was my dear best friend passed out on the couch instead of being in one of the two guest bedrooms that were upstairs.

I decided to just leave a note on the coffee table about taking Reyna and Cole to Sophie's house instead of waking him just to tell him that.

Before I left I had checked on the two. Reyna was still knocked out while Cole was 'reading a book', as he likes to put it but the book just so happens to hardly have any words and mostly pictures in it.

*****

Walking in the elevator with only my purse and a mocha latte for Robert since I drank my frappe on the way here, after I heard a 'chime' as the doors opened I walked out and my first stop was in front of his office door. I walked myself in after knocking and silently greeting as he was on the phone before I placed his drink near his rested hand.

He then smiled at me in appreciation and I nodded before walking out to finish setting up the meeting room.

I would be lying if I said that I was prepared to see him again, that I wasn't afraid or nervous when it's obvious that I'm freaking out on the inside as the palms of my hands were beginning to sweat like hell.

I quickly grabbed the papers that I had printed yesterday for the meeting before I walked down the hall and into the main meeting room.

It only took me a couple of minutes before I finished putting the papers in front of each seat on the table. I then placed a few cups on the table that were filled with water, just in case any of them were to get thirsty during the meeting. I would have fixed up this room for the meeting yesterday but there were several other meetings being held in here, so I had to do it the day of.

"Axarii, our guests are currently on their way up." Mr. Collins mentioned as he walked in with a few of his own items and placed them down at his seat.

"What? But they're like fifteen minutes early!" I exclaimed while I looked at the time on my phone. I wasn't ready for this!

"You should know by now that in this type of business, there's no such thing as being early." And with that he walked back towards the entrance of the meeting room as I slowly followed behind.

It's okay, I'll be fine.

All I have to do is stay strong, keep things professional and keep my head up!

"Xavier it's so good to see you my boy!" He spoke out loudly.

I really should've kept my hair down instead of this stupid tight ponytail. I doubt he'd even recognize me. My hair was now flowing down mid back. My boobs have gotten bigger sadly and so did my rear. My once slightly pale skin now tanner than it's ever been thanks to Winston and Sophie dragging the kids and I out to the beach almost every Sunday. I've probably even gotten a little taller.

Let me stop lying... I'm still short as hell.

"It's always a pleasure to see you again Robert." He spoke, his husky voice sending annoying shivers down my spine. God, his voice is even deeper than before.

Now is not the time Axarii.

I stood behind Mr. Collins as if he were my shield of life while fidgeting with my hands. I watched as a few men walked into the room after shaking hands with Mr. Collins and greeting me before taking a seat, some smiling genuinely at me while some would look at my chest instead of my eyes. Finally keeping my head up, Mason was the next to walk in and he smiled brightly at me.