Chapter 22

I decided to add one of my favorite songs that I would listen to all the time for this chapter since it's kind of sad, it's a really good song (at least to me).. feel free to swipe and listen to it as you read if you want!

YEBBA- My Mind

Annddd I tried my best to make this chapter longer than others.. you're welcome!❤️

Don't forget to vote!!

"Oh come on, it couldn't have been that bad." He said which only made me whine out softly.

After lifting my head up to look at him I spoke, "You would understand it better if you were actually there when it happened.. I was the one who kissed him. Me, I did it!" I explained.

"Yes, I understand that you were the one that made the first move but what's so bad about that?" Winston asked me, trying to understand why I was so flustered about the issue.

I couldn't help but groan out in annoyance. What happened to my best friend that would yell at me if I did something like this?

"I don't even know! Like why did I do that? What was I thinking? He probably thinks I'm weird and shit." I muttered out while running a hand through my hair that stopped a few inches past my shoulders, thanks to Winston.

After that little moment I had with Xavier, Winston came over and picked me up for our get together. We are currently sitting at one of the booths at the club going over what I did before he arrived at my house.

"Girl trust me you've done way more weirder things than that. And besides, this guy was married to you so I'm pretty sure he didn't find you kissing him 'weird' at all." He explained, causing me to scowl at him when I noticed him silently laughing at me.

It's not like he's lying or anything, we've kissed and would do other things all the time when we were together but I still can't help but feel like I'm letting him off a little too easy.

"Yeah whatever, you can bully me all you want I don't care. Now tell me what's been having you so upset lately." I said, when I mentioned this I noticed how his whole mood changed in a instant.

He nodded his head slowly before replying. "Right.. that is why we came here after all."

"Okay, but before I tell you I want you to keep in mind that at the time I thought I was doing it for you but I was actually doing what I thought was best, it's not an excuse I just wanted to let you know.." He spoke out, now avoiding eye contact with me. After a few moments of him getting ready he had finally began.

"When I first met you, when we were in school, you were this shy little girl who didn't know how to stick up for herself. Although they didn't show it those girls were threatened by you, by your looks and personality.. I don't know if you ever noticed but you kind of take the spot light from anyone in your path. Just about all of the jocks would talk about you, saying how they were going to talk to you and maybe even ask you out on a date.