Chapter 30

Don't forget to vote!!

Axarii's POV

A small groan came from me as the brightness from the sun peered through the glass window. I quickly got up only to slightly lose my balance as I tried closing the blinds. After I did so, I took the time to look around for Grayson.

I couldn't find him anywhere. When I made it to the kitchen I noticed a note on the counter..

Hey Arii, if you're reading this right now then that means I probably went off to another one of my meetings with our other business partners. Don't be mad that I didn't wake you, you were just so adorable I didn't want to disturb you.

I'm not sure if you know but you tend to cuddle in your sleep. Even when I was getting ready to head out you just wouldn't let go of me. 'Grayson, don't go.' I really didn't wanna leave you after you said those words.

But don't worry, I should be back in a few. Then we can continue where we left off :)

Oh yeah, I left my phone on the coffee table in the living room. Get it and look at my recent picture.

Love, Grayson.
•••

I felt as my face began to heat up in embarrassment. How could he say something like that? That jerk!

I quickly balled up the note he had written before tossing it into the bin.

"I do not cuddle in my sleep!" I yelled out to myself.

When I made it to the living room I went over to the coffee table, picking up his phone.

He had a few miss calls from his mom and dad.. I would call them back but I feel like that'd just be awkward, I'll just tell him later.

When I checked out his recent photos I couldn't help but look at them again.

"What the-" It was pictures of me.. on top of Grayson with my arms wrapped tightly around his neck. How was he even able to take these?!

The last picture was one of me more snuggled up closer to him than the previous ones. I felt my heart jump slightly when I saw the warm smile on his face.

The sound of my phone going off scared me, causing me to drop the phone on the ground. Good thing I dropped it on carpet. After picking it up I walked back towards the kitchen table where my phone was.

"Hello?" I answered without checking the contact name. It took the person on the other end a few moments before they responded.

"Axarii? Where are you?" The voice said, causing me to clutch onto the phone. I opened my mouth to respond to his question but nothing came out.

"Please just listen to me, I know that you're there." I sighed out softly before I headed towards the stairs where our rooms were located.

"What is it Winston? I thought I said I didn't want anything to do with you anymore." I asked, reminding him about our last chat.

When I made it to one of the rooms I was quick to plop down on the bed.

"I... I have to tell you something that's important." He said.

"Okay.. go ahead."

He then sighed out.

"I need to tell you in person." He added.

"Winston, what was you're point for even calling me? You can just tell me now." I sighed out.

"I... I can't. Please Axarii I'm s-"

"Yeah I know, you're sorry. I get it. But that doesn't change the fact that you've been lying to me from the start. Hell, you not only knew about it but you participated in it. You were suppose to be my best friend!" I yelled out.

"You're right. I know what I did was fucked up on so many levels and I don't expect you to forgive me so easily. But I do want you to at least try to understand that I wasn't intentionally trying to hurt you." I rolled my eyes at his choice of words.

How could you not be trying to intentionally hurt me but you purposely messed up my married?

"Look I don't have time for this, I'm not even in New Jersey anymore. I have to go." I told him.

"Wait where are you then? Where's Reyna and Cole? How have they been?" He asked, followed behind more questions.

"My location is not important and they're doing fine. Before you even ask, no you cannot see them. They don't want to see you." I spoke out.

"Now Cole I understand.. but I doubt Reyna would-" He began.

"Goodbye Winston." I said before hanging up.

Not even a second later my phone started to ring again. Are you serious?

"What is it now?" I asked him angrily.

"Oh.. did I call at a bad time?" Xavier's voice coming from the phone.

I then sighed out in exhaustion when I realized it wasn't Winston calling back, "No, I'm sorry I thought you were someone else."

He hummed in response.

"Who did you think I was? I'm curious now." He asked, I could yelled that he was finding all of this funny by the sound of his voice.

Typical.

"I thought you were Winston."

It was then silent for a few moments after I said this. "Winston? Did he give out anymore information?" He suddenly asked.

"No." I replied back, a small sigh coming from him.

"Anyways... I was wondering if you-" He began but I yelled out in shock when I felt my rear stinging.

I quickly turned around to see a happy looking Grayson, waving at me as if he didn't just hit me. "Grayson! What are you doing?" I hissed out.

"What the hell is going on? Did you just say Grayson? Axarii don't tell me that you're-"

"That's right. I brought Axarii with me! I mean, she is my assistant after all. Too bad you didn't bring yours." Grayson spoke out.

This isn't good.. at this rate Xavier will-

Xavier caught me off guard when he ended the call.

Great.

Justttttt great.

****

Don't forget to vote!!!