Best friend til the End

A/N: I don't have anything to say. I hope y'all r enjoying

Dream stared at Sapnap, tears in the brim of his eyes. He didn't know what to say, he didn't know what to do. He'd just pushed George over the edge. He'd hurt George.

"Dream?" Sapnap said slowly, walking towards him. "What happened?"

"I just..." Dream's voice trailed off, a single tear making its way down his face. "I screwed up. I screwed up. Oh my gosh." He sunk down onto the floor by the desk, his elbows resting on his knees as he held up his head.

Sapnap made his way over.

"I shouldn't have done that," one tear, followed by another and another.

"What did you do?" Sapnap asked.

Dream covered his face. "I messed up," he cried. He lifted his head up, his hands wrapped around his legs. "I messed up big time."

Sapnap was sitting in the chair next to him, meeting his eye calmly. "Ramble," he said.

Ramble. It was a codeword Dream and Sapnap had created years ago for when one of them was having a bad day. That meant for the other person to just talk. Let it all out, it didn't have to make sense to the other person. It was a word Dream hadn't heard in ages.

"I'm in love with him," Dream's voice was shaky. "I am completely in love with him, Nick. And - and I don't know how to act. These random waves would just come over me and I'd say things that I wouldn't normally say. I pushed him over the edge - I just kept going and going. He likes me - or liked - but I ruined it." He hiccuped.

Sapnap's expression didn't change, he was waiting to see if Dream was going to continue. But Dream's head was spinning, he couldn't find words to say.

"Okay," Sapnap said, his voice was just as calm as his expression. "So you talked to him, you got bold, you said things."

Dream nodded, refusing to let the ugly sob in his throat surface. The tears were enough for him.

"It was too much for George, he ended the call?" Sapnap guessed, and Dream nodded again. "Okay. It happened, there is no taking it back. So there's no point in trying to change it. Instead, think about what you said. What exactly do you think it was that pushed him over the edge?"

Dream thought for a moment, sniffling. "I... I told him all the things I liked about him," he said. "And I watched the way his expression would change whenever I said something. So I asked him if he liked me... and he got angry. He was mad that... I'd said all these things to him knowing that he likes me. He thinks I'm just messing with him. He thinks this is a joke."

"Is it a joke?" Sapnap asked.

"No," Dream whispered, looking up at Sapnap with his wet eyes. "It's not. Dude, I..."

Sapnap knew what he was trying to say. "You love him," he said. "I get it. So here's what you're gonna do for now: freak out. Completely lose it, for all I care. Blast some sad boy songs all you want, cry about it. Panic, you need to panic. But then when you're done panicking, take a deep breath, sit down, and you have to call George."

"You want me to panic?" Dream asked.

"I mean, I don't want anyone to panic, but sometimes you need to," Sapnap shrugged. "Trying to figure out something without giving yourself the time to release all that's built up inside of you doesn't work."

Dream nodded slowly. Made sense. He wiped his eyes, leaning against the leg of the desk behind him. He closed his eyes and sighed, fresh tears replacing the ones he just wiped away. Talking to Sapnap definitely made him feel better.

"I should've just told you from the beginning," Dream said quietly.

"Yeah, I could tell something was up," Sapnap replied. "But you're ready when you're ready."

I've put of visiting because of you.

"He hasn't come to see us yet because of me," Dream said, opening his eyes and staring blankly at the armrest of the chair in front of him. "He says he's afraid of what will happen when he meets me."

"Because he likes you?" Sapnap asked, and Dream nodded. "Well... I think now that the cat is out of the bag things will be different."

"He said that he was in love with the idea of me, he's afraid what would happen if he actually had me," Dream's voice was hoarse. "How do I fix that?"

"You can't fix that, Dream," Sapnap said. "George has to figure that out, that's not on you. Worry about what you can fix."

Dream nodded, wishing the tears would stop, but his body was just finding a way to relieve the stress of the situation.

"So do you want me to stay or do you want me to go?" Sapnap asked. "It's up to you."

Dream didn't know what he wanted. He just sat there.

"How does ice cream and movies sound?" Sapnap offered. "We can snuggle under a blanket and cry over Jack dying in the Titanic."

Dream couldn't resist a small laugh. What did he do to deserve him? He was the best best friend anyone could have asked for. He wondered how George was doing, he didn't have a Sapnap there with him. No, he couldn't think about that.

"It sounds great," Dream replied finally. 

Sapnap rubbed his hands together and stood up, offering a hand to Dream. "Come on, cuddle buddy," he said. "The couch awaits us."

Dream took his hand and allowed him to pull him back to his feet. They left the room and got to the living room. Sapnap sent Dream to the couch to get the movie ready while Sapnap dished them both up a bowl of ice cream.

They snuggled up together under the blanket, each a bowl of ice cream in hand. The movie started and Dream's tears had dried up. Patches had found her way over and curled up in the crack between them, sleeping peacefully. Dream only made it half way through the movie himself before he'd drifted off into an exhausted sleep, forgetting all of the drama that had happened just an hour or so before.