Day 6

A/N: Y'all are crazy and I reached over 100 views last night, tysm! I did not see that one coming lol

Dream's eyes slowly fluttered open. The first thing he saw was dark brown hair. He nearly jumped, but managed to hold still. It was George, his breathing was thick which indicated he was still asleep. Dream had forgotten he'd let George sleep in his room last night. He relaxed again. George was on the side of the bed closest to the wall and Dream was on the other side, one arm wrapped around him. 

Morning light crept through the closed blinds. What time is it? Dream wondered. He craned his neck to look at the clock. 8:36am.

Dream frowned. Why hadn't Sapnap come barging in to wake them up yet? Maybe it was because he noticed George wasn't in his room, but then again Dream knew that wouldn't make a difference to Sapnap. If anything, he would've come barging in sooner.

Slowly, Dream sucked back towards the edge of the bed, pulling his arm off of George careful to avoid waking him. He slid off of the bed and stood up carefully. He was still in his t-shirt and sweats from the day before. It's not like he really thought about changing into pajamas last night.

Dream silently made his way to the door, opened it as quietly as he could, snuck out, and closed it behind him. Once out of his room, he picked up pace and made his way over to the kitchen and living room. He looked around, there was no sign of Sapnap. With a frown, he turned and made his way over to Sapnap's room. 

The door was just barely cracked open. He could hear lots of rustling coming from the inside.

"Sapnap?" Dream asked quietly, reaching for the door handle. "What are you doing?"

No response, just more shuffling. Dream pushed the door open enough to poke his head in and look around.

Sapnap was dressed like he was going somewhere on his knees in front of a suitcase, shoving things into it at an unnecessarily high speed. He looked flustered, his eyes were red as if he'd been crying.

"Sapnap, what are you doing?" Dream asked, entering the room.

"I have to go," Sapnap's voice sounded like he had been crying, too.

Dream made his way over to the suitcase, kneeling down beside Sapnap. "Where are you going?" he asked.

 "Texas," he relpied.

Dream was confused. "What's going on?"

"I HAVE TO GO!" Sapnap shouted, slamming the suitcase shut and trying to zip it closed, but because of his sloppy packing things were poking out of the side.

Dream reached out, stopping Sapnap from zipping his suitcase. "What is going on?" he demanded.

Sapnap tried to shove Dream's hands away, but it was pointless. "Let me go," his voice was much more pathetic this time. "I need... I need to go."

"Nick," Dream said, and Sapnap's eyes glazed over as he turned to look at Dream for the first time. "What is going on?"

"It's my mom," Sapnap replied weakly, sinking back and leaning against his bed. "She's in the hospital, they don't know if..." he stopped talking and shook his head, wiping his eyes before he even had the chance to cry. "I need to go."

Dream's heart sank. "Oh," he said. "Are you planning on driving?"

"I found a flight," Sapnap replied, pulling at the carpet. "I need to leave like, now."

Dream finished zipping up the suitcase. "I'll take you to the airport," Dream said, pulling the suitcase up and getting to his feet. "C'mon."

They made it to the door the same time as a very confused George. "What is going on?" George asked. "I heard..." his eyes reached the suitcase in Dream's hand.

"I'll explain when I get back," Dream replied. "I have to get him to the airport... we don't know when he'll be coming back so..." Saying 'say goodbye' just sounded weird.

Sapnap knew what he meant though and gave George a very over dramatic hug, which Dream took as a good sign for the crisis he was having. "Goodbye, Gogy," he said. "I look forward to seeing you again when you move in with us." 

George was still very confused, but hugged Sapnap back anyways. They let go of each other and Dream and Sapnap were out the door. Dream didn't even stop to grab shoes on his way out. He drove at a very illegal speed to get Sapnap to the airport, gave him a very big goodbye hug, and watched his friend disappear into the airport.

He made his way back home and drove at a reasonable illegal speed this time. Dream parked in the driveway and made his way inside. George was sitting at the bar stools, a bowl of milk in front of him.

"What the heck?" George asked the second he saw Dream.

Dream dropped the keys onto the counter and sat down at the barstools next to George. "What the heck is right," he grumbled, rubbing his face, then turning his head to look at George. "I guess something happened with his mom, he didn't actually tell me what, but she's in the hospital. It's serious enough that they don't know if she is going to make it. So Sapnap booked a flight instantly and he's going to say there for... who knows how long."

"Oh," George had the same reaction Dream had. "Well that's... not good."

"No, it's not," Dream agreed.

"Well I hope she's going to be okay," George said. "I don't really know what to say about that."

Dream sighed. "Me neither," he said. 

There was a moment of silence.

George turned to look at Dream. "Do you know what this means?" he asked, and Dream paused. Did it mean something?

Dream looked at George.

George looked at the bowl for a moment, then looked back at Dream. "We're alone," he said, and Dream's heart skipped a beat. He wasn't sure if it was a bad thing or a good thing. 

His brain was going a million miles per hour. "Oh," was all he could think to say.

They just looked at each other. It was a mutual agreement; this next week was going to be incredible, or absolutely everything was going to fall apart. Dream realized that now that they were really alone, it was probably best to just be careful.