Sad & Sober

A/N: omg the viewss I love you all!! Also if this chapter title doesn't describe my life idk what does

I'm getting my wisdom teeth out tomorrow so I will not be putting out a new chapter for a bit cause the last thing I want is to write this while drugged LMAO But I should be okay to write on Thursday!!

The sound of a door creaking jerked Dream awake. His eyes opened and nearly panicked as he had no idea where he was, then remembered he was at George's. He looked up from the couch where he lay to see George standing in the doorway of his bedroom, looking drained, buy still more lively than he did the day before.

"Hey," Dream said, sitting up. "How are you feeling?"

George's eyes slowly made their way to Dream's face. "How do you think?" he asked, then rubbed his face. "Sorry, that was uncalled for."

At least he could recognize that today. "It's okay," Dream said. "I got food yesterday while you were sleeping-"

"Yesterday while I was sleeping?" George repeated, cutting him off. "How long was I asleep?"

"Um," Dream checked the clock. "Around fifteen hours."

George's eyes would have widened if he had enough energy. "Fifteen hours?" he echoed. "Oh my gosh. I'm sorry, I didn't realize I was out for that long."

"You needed it," Dream assured him, getting up and walking into the kitchen with George following behind slowly. "I took the time to clean up the mess and get some food. I don't really know what you were eating before except for cheese and old lettuce."

"I wasn't," George replied, and Dream felt a pang in his chest.

If doing what he did made him so sad, why did he do it? He knew George wasn't ready for that conversation, so he decided to let it slide.

"So what do you want to eat?" Dream asked. "We've got eggs, could make pancakes, waffles, crapes, we have cereal, too, if we're feeling lazy."

"Cereal sounds great," George replied.

Dream obliged. He got them both a bowl of cereal and they sat at small table against the wall to eat. George wasn't saying much or eating much. Dream was just glad he was eating considering how little he'd probably taken in the past couple of days. However, by the time they'd left the table they'd both finished their full bowls.

They sat on the couch in silence for a bit with the TV running until George suddenly bolted off the couch and to the bathroom. Dream could hear him gagging from all the way in the living room. He debated on going in after him, and decided to check on him. He heard the toilet flush as he got up to walk to the bathroom.

Dream walked over to the doorway of the bathroom to find George leaning against the wall, sitting in front of the toilet. He was wiping his mouth with a rag.

"You okay?" Dream asked.

George flushed. He nodded. That was short lived before George's head returned to the toilet bowl. He flushed it again, returning the rag to his mouth. Dream could hear him mumble the words "good grief" from under the rag.

"Can I get you anything?" Dream offered.

George shook his head.

"Does your throat hurt?" Dream asked, and George gave him a weird look. "Did the throwing up hurt your throat?"

George got up, dropping the rag into a trash-can looking bin and putting his hands on the counter. "A bit," he turned on the faucet.

Dream let him brush his teeth and made his way into the kitchen. He'd specifically boughten stuff to help the night before. He made a concoction of warm water with lemon and honey in it, making it taste like tea. George made his way into the living room and Dream presented him with the glass.

George took it hesitantly. "What's in here?" he asked.

"Does it matter?" Dream asked. "It'll help. Once you drink it all you need to shower, too. Make yourself feel fresh, you deserve it."

George seemed to perk up a bit at that. He took a small sip, but succumbed to Dream's orders whether he liked the drink or not. Dream sat on the couch with him as George slowly took sips of the drink until it was all gone. Without Dream having to remind him, he grabbed fresh clothes and made his way into the bathroom for a shower.

Dream took this time to call Sapnap. 

"How's it going over there?" Sapnap asked.

Dream leaned back on the couch. "It's going," he replied. "I think it's going to get better after just another day or so. I got rid of all the alcohol when I got here so it's just getting that out of him and making him feel not hung over."

"I can't believe he was drinking, I can't see George doing that," Sapnap said.

"Well it's not fun to see," Dream promised him.

"How are you holding up?" 

Dream sighed. "I don't know," he replied. "I feel okay. I haven't really been paying much attention to me, I'm only focused on him. Once he's better, we'll figure it out. Honestly, if we're friends, fine, but he can't go become an alcoholic because of it."

"I get it," Sapnap said. "Just make sure you're okay, too."

"I will," Dream assured him. "I gotta call Wilbur before George gets out of the shower, I'll talk to you later."

"Okay, love you," Sapnap said.

"Love you," Dream ended the call and immediately called Wilbur, placing the phone back to his ear.

"Hey," Wilbur answered after only a couple rings. "How is he doing?"

"Terrible," Dream replied bluntly. "But we're making progress. He's in the shower right now and he's eating, which is good."

"Good, good," Wilbur said. "Do you have a plan?"

"A plan?"

Wilbur scoffed. "Yes, a plan," he said. "To talk to him? Do you know what you're going to say? When you're going to say it? Or are you just rolling with the punches? I mean, either are great strategies."

Dream rubbed his forehead. "I haven't really thought about it yet," he replied, and he heard the shower water turn off. "He's getting out of the shower, I should go. I just wanted to update you."

"I appreciate it," Wilbur said. "If you need help with anything, just let me know. I'm less than two hours away."

"Thanks, Wilbur," Dream said.

They ended the call. A few minutes later, George exited the bathroom. He was wearing his grey GeorgeNotFound sweatshirt and had changed into black sweatpants. He looked back to normal, really.

"Hey," Dream said, turning his attention to the TV. "Wanna watch some How to Train Your Dragon? It looks like that's whats on."

"Sure," George said, joining Dream on the couch.

He sat down beside Dream, but not necessarily right next to him. It almost felt awkward for a moment, but Dream leaned back and placed his legs on the foot stool in front of them. It only took a few minutes before George's head fell onto Dream's shoulder and George was sound asleep.

Dream smiled slightly to himself. Everything's going to be just fine, he told himself. His fingers gently intertwined with George's hand, which were already touching. It's all going to work out.