Change of Heart

A/N: whatt uppp I don't think I'll be able to upload tomorrow cause of school but if I do it'll probably be in the middle of the day or at the end of the day (very end like midnight). But I'm trying to upload pretty frequently, having an unfinished fic SUCKS 

Things didn't feel the same anymore. Dream and George still talked everyday, but it seemed more restricted and tense when it was just the two of them. Sapnap was checking in on Dream more often, but he never actually brought up George. He waited for Dream to tell him things on his own time, which he appreciated.

It had been four days. Dream wasn't sleeping as much, and when he did it didn't feel very relaxing. He woke up even more tired than he had been when he'd fallen asleep. His mind was constantly spinning. George was on his mind a lot more than he'd like to admit. He hadn't been joining people's streams, he kept telling his friends 'later' to recording stuff for future videos. In all honestly, he hardly left his bedroom. And when he did, it was because Sapnap would crush him until he agreed to getting up.

Sapnap was Dream's saving Grace. He would do the same thing almost everyday; wake Dream up, force him into the kitchen and make sure he at least drank some water and ate five bites of food. Dream would return to his room, Sapnap would do the same thing at lunch but usually Dream would be able to eat more by lunch. Then Sapnap would convince him to come watch TV with him on the couch and they'd lay there together for a while, then Sapnap would start running his fingers through Dream's hair and eventually Dream would fall asleep. That was the only time everyday that Dream really slept.

Dream regretted saying anything to George. If he'd never blown up like that then they wouldn't be having this issue. But at the same time, Dream wanted to give it a chance.

There was a knock at Dream's door. Sapnap poked his head in. "Lunch time," he said. "I made hotdogs."

Dream slowly dragged himself to his feet and forced himself down the hall behind Sapnap. He managed to eat a whole hotdog.

"Wanna watch tv?" Sapnap offered, just like he did everyday. "I was thinking I could switch it up and watch some Criminal Minds, see if I like it or not."

Sapnap wouldn't take no for an answer so like always, Dream replied, "Sure."

They planted themselves on the couch, Dream on Sapnap's left side. It only took a few minutes before Sapnap's fingers gently ran through Dream's hair, helping him relax. It was comforting to have someone with him. Even if all he wanted was George, Sapnap made sure to take care of him. Dream allowed himself to slowly drift off.

"You're ridiculous," George's laugh rang in Dream's ears like music.

Dream smiled and looked up. George was standing in front of him, leaning against the counter behind him. They were in Dream's kitchen, and George was here with him.

"I'm serious, George," Dream said, his tone getting thicker. "Do you want to?"

George started at him, biting his bottom lip nervously. "I don't know what I want, Dream," he replied. "Why don't you tell me?"

Dream walked closer. "I bet you want me to tell you what to do, huh?" he taunted, his hand finding its way onto George's check. His thumb brushed along his cheek. He could feel George in front of him, real and warm. It was what Dream wanted.

Dream didn't hesitate. His hands moved down to George's waist, grabbing it and hoisting him onto the counter. George's hands gripped Dream's shoulder as he sat on the counter. Now they could see eye to eye.

"What are you doing?" George asked, though he looked as if he already knew what Dream was doing.

Dream grabbed his cheek again. "Telling you what you want."

Dream's eyes shot open. He sat up straight, staring around in shock.

"Are you okay?" he turned to see Sapnap sitting there, arm out where Dream had been resting moments before.

Dream slowly began to relax. "Yeah," he said uncertainly. "Just... just a bad dream, that's all. Where's my phone?"

"I think it's on the counter," Sapnap replied. He was looking at Dream skeptically.

Dream nodded. "Okay, I'm gonna make a call," he said, getting up and walking back over to the kitchen. He was aware of how weird he was acting, but he couldn't bring himself to care. He grabbed his phone off the counter and walked to his room, closing the door behind him.

He didn't stop himself as he unlocked his phone and clicked on George, pressing call. Dream pulled the phone to his ear and awaited George's answer.

"Hello?" George's voice sounded.

Dream didn't know if he was relieved or not that he answered. "Hey," he said. Now that he had George on the phone, he wasn't quite sure why he'd called George in the first place.

"What's up?" George asked.

"Uh," Dream said. "I... don't really know. I just... felt like I should call you."

"Oh."

Dream grimaced. "I had a dream about you," he blurted out. "Just now. I had a dream where you were here, and we were in the kitchen talking."

George didn't say anything at first. "What happened after that?" he asked.

Did he tell George? "Well... it's confusing," Dream said at last. He technically wasn't lying. "But you were here. And I could touch you... I'm sorry. I shouldn't have called-"

"No, no," George cut him off. "I'm glad you called."

That wasn't what Dream had expected to hear. "Really?" he asked.

"Yeah," George said, then Dream could hear him shift on the other end of the phone. "I've done a lot of thinking, and I'm sure you have to. But you're right, we'll never know unless we at least try."

Dream couldn't process what he was hearing. "So... what you're saying is..." his voice trailed off as he waited for George to fill in the answer.

George sighed. "I want to come visit you," he said.

"Like... now?"

"Well I figured we could buy tickets for the end of February or beginning of March," George replied. "Since it's almost the end of January and that gives us some time."

Dream couldn't believe what he was hearing. "Um, yeah, yeah, for sure," he said. "How long are you thinking of staying?"

"How long do you think is good?" George asked.

"I think two weeks is good," Dream replied, hoping George didn't think that was too long. "The flight is long, might as well make it worth it."

"And Sapnap is okay with this?" George asked.

"Sapnap as been okay with this, it's just taken some time," Dream assured him.

"How does February 22nd through March 8th sound?" George asked. "That's two weeks of me being there and gives me around three and a half weeks til I leave."

Dream didn't even bother checking a calendar. "Yes," he replied instantly. "Yes, it sounds perfect."

He heard George's soft happy chuckle. "Okay, I'll book my flight," George said.

"Okay," Dream smiled. George was really coming to see him.

"Alright," George said. "I have to go do that then. I'll see you in three weeks."

There was no way Dream was going to be able to wipe the grin off his face. "See you in three weeks."