Day 13

A/N: again, tysm for the support <3 I've decided to adjust things a little cause my original plan for this would end in 4 chapters but I want to keep writing so expect like 20 more chapters lol oops

featuring another chapter released at unnecessarily late hours of the night :)

Mornings were starting to blur together. They were all the same. The phone would buzz, George would answer it, Sapnap would scream at them, they'd talk for a couple minutes, and then the call would end. Sometimes they'd get up, sometimes they wouldn't. Most of the time they would get up.

Dream was usually only half conscious for the phone calls, but what Sapnap decided to bless them with this morning made Dream's heart nearly come to a dead halt.

"George is leaving tomorrow morning," Sapnap said. Dream's eyes shot open. "In 24 hours, George will be packing his bags to go."

Dream rolled over and looked at George, who didn't look very happy either. "Yeah, I guess so," George said. "When will you be coming home?"

"While you guys are driving to the airport I'll be landing at a different one," Sapnap's tone turned bitter. "Never let your siblings book a flight for you. I'll have to uber home."

"You let them book a flight for you?" George asked.

"Yeah, I was dealing with mom so they said they'd deal with my flight only to book a flight to the wrong airport," Dream could feel the eye roll from all these miles away. "It's fine."

"Can you not switch flights?" Dream asked. "It would be convenient if I could just take you home."

Sapnap made a weird noise. "Yeah, I know," he said. "But apparently is too late to change flights without some huge fine because it's so close. It's fine, I can just uber."

"I'm excited for you to come home," Dream said. It was true, he missed his best friend. But Sapnap coming home didn't replace the gouging hole in Dream's chest that made functioning harder than it should be.

"I miss you, too," Sapnap said. "I should go, not only can my siblings not book a flight but they can't go five minutes without almost breaking something."

"Must run in the family," George said. He probably meant it as a joke, but his tone was so blunt that it made Dream wheeze.

"Wow," Sapnap said. "Wow, just - wow. Okay. I would say nice talking to you but I don't want to lie. Bye." The call ended before either Dream or George could say goodbye.

"Are we getting up?" George asked.

"Sure," Dream replied. "Unless you don't want to. I don't really care."

George stretched, sitting up. "We can get up," he said. "I don't really know what we're doing today but..." his voice trailed off. Dream hoped they were thinking the same thing: making George's last day with him memorable.

"What do you want to do today?" Dream asked. "It's your last day, you can decide."

George shrugged, getting out of the bed. "I don't really know," he said.

"Well when you think of something just let me know," Dream got out of bed and they walked out to the kitchen to eat.

They almost settled on cereal for breakfast before they decided to attempt crapes. Status on that was not very good. It was a mess and they looked ratchet, but at least they tasted good. Looks didn't matter anyways.

After their crape excursion they planted themselves at the table to a couple games of chess, but after losing both times Dream demanded to play go-fish so he could win something. George may have been good at chess, however go-fish was Dream's game. After playing their games they decided on dino nuggets for lunch.