Emotional Hangover

A/N: tysm for over 7k views everyone!! Last chapter wasn't part of the OG plan but consider us entering part 2 of the story. I just wanted to keep writing this so I changed a few things lol but my life hit the fan so this is my emotional support. oop

Dream had laid around the rest of that day with Sapnap. He had a hard time even thinking about getting off of the couch. Sapnap forced him to eat one small bowl of mac n cheese and constantly made sure he had something to drink. Something was always running on the TV, but Dream wasn't paying much attention to it.

When nighttime came Sapnap forced Dream to eat a couple slices of a quesadilla before officially joining him on the couch. They weren't sitting right next to each other or anything, but being in his best friends presence was comforting nonetheless. Sapnap kept turning on really cheesy kids movies, but Dream didn't mind it. Somehow it was comforting. After only a couple movies, Dream finally fell asleep.

He woke up in the exact same spot he'd fallen asleep in on the couch. The TV had was still running. Dream looked over to see Sapnap sound asleep as well. He slowly pulled out his phone and checked the time. It was almost 9am.

George's plan would have landed hours ago, and yet there was no text or missed call from George. George hadn't even tried to contact Dream at all. What if the plane crashed? Dream thought. He almost started panicking. He decided Twitter was probably the fastest way to found out, but what he saw confirmed George had in fact landed. George had just decided to not text Dream.

It was a picture of George's cat and dog George had tweeted saying "they missed me" five hours ago. Dream stared at it. George hadn't texted him at all. He couldn't look at it. He turned off his phone and threw it away from it. It thankfully hit the carpeted floor, so it shouldn't be cracked. Patches, who had been sleeping next to Dream, jumped.

Sapnap stirred, slowly opening his eyes. "What?" he asked, though he was definitely out of it.

"Nothing," Dream said quietly, sitting up. His body ached from hardly moving the day before. Patches moved and laid down next to Sapnap angrily.

Sapnap gave her a pat. "You upset Patches," he said, still only half awake.

Dream got up, petting Patches on his way into the kitchen. He had some of his appetite back, so he was going to eat. He got himself a small bowl of cereal and sat himself at the bar stools to eat it. It took him longer than he'd like to admit to actually eat it, but at least he was eating.

"Have you got a message from George yet?" Sapnap asked, entering the kitchen.

Dream stirred at his cereal blankly. "No," he replied.

"Oh," Sapnap said. "Maybe he's busy-"

"Check Twitter," Dream cut him off, stabbing at his cereal.

Sapnap pulled out his phone. "He hasn't texted yet?" he asked, and Dream shook his head. "Maybe we should text him."

Dream shrugged. He didn't want to be the only one putting effort into the relationship. George hadn't even texted them just to tell them he got home safely, which they had agreed on. George hadn't texted them on purpose.

"I'll text him," Sapnap could read Dream's mind.

Sapnap put his phone down got himself a bowl of cereal, joining Dream at the barstools. "So what do you want to do today?" he asked.

Dream shrugged again. He didn't really want to do anything. He had finished his cereal so he was just staring down in the bowl, stirring the left over milk absentmindedly. Nothing had left Dream feeling so empty in a long, long time.