CHAPTER-7 (OUR HEARTBEATS)

"Yes, you're right." I said while staring at the floor

"I am not Maria."

"What?" he was shocked

"Who are you and why are you in Maria's body?!" he cried.

"I don't know…even if I tell, you won't believe. This is so complicated. It is like a… fantasy." I finally looked him and said.

He was shaking. He didn't seem to believe what he had just heard. It took for a while to calm himself down.

"Was this the reason that you knew my secret?" he asked.

"Maybe…"I replied.

"Are you from the future?" he asked again.

I stay quiet for few seconds.

"Yes. I know what will happen after the war." I answered "In the end, Maria will die."

"So…that means you will die too?" he wanted to know.

"I can't really say. The only thing I can do is stopping the war but even if I tell you to stop, I know that you won't so, what can I do?"

"You can't stop the war but how about I will help you to change the future together?" he said and stood up.

I looked up him.

"Will I survive? Or you will help me just because of you don't want Maria to die? That's…that's…"

I couldn't say anymore. The words didn't come out from my hurting throat.

A soft hand touched my chin up, making me look up again.

"Listen, it is not all about Maria nor you. It is about future" he said.

"Your future?" I asked. "I won't be able to help you Felix, I am sorry."

He let my chin go and slowly he went away with the door slam.

I was left alone in this dark room. Should I really help him? But the one who he loves is not me…its Maria.

That night, I fell asleep quickly because I was tired of everything and I was so weak that I didn't eat for a day. 

The next morning, a door opened but I can't see clearly. He untied my chains and then led me to somewhere.

It was to the dining room.

At the end of the long table, Felix was sitting there.

A server showed me where to sit and then served me with bread and tea. Another server carried the mushroom soup and I was painfully looking at it. It seemed like Felix noticed the soup and then shot a look at me. Then, he told the servant to take away the soup.

I was shocked and then looked him again. Part of me was being happy. I gave a little smile at him and continued what I was eating.

After we have done eating, he told me to follow him. He led me to his work room and gave me space to sit.

His workroom was also dark but there were lights of candles. Every room in this castle was dark. I think he likes darkness.

While I was sank in my thoughts, I didn't know he stopped so I bumped with him

"Ouch! That's hurt" I cried.

"Ha Ha! You are so careless, Miss" he giggled.

"Laugh for what!" I shouted back.

He just smiled and then pointed at something "Look right there" he said.

I looked where he pointed. It was a painting of a very lovely and innocent child.

"Is that your sister?" I asked.

"Your right. Do you think the war that I am planning is right? I am so lost…"

Again, I saw his soft side for a second time.

He is cold and determined but why is he asking me if that is right or wrong.

"Do you think my sister will like that?" he asked while looking at the painting.

"No she won't." I replied.

"I like your honesty" he turned the side where I was standing.

"Your name is?" he looked into my eyes. Our eyes met. Then I moved my look to the other side.

"Holly Rose" I answered.

"That's a nice name, Holly" he smiled again.

His smile…made my heart raced again. I hope he won't hear it. He then pulled my hands hard and then my lips…touched his…

"I love you…Holly" he whispered.

The room was filled with the sounds of heartbeats and hot breathings.