CHAPTER 16

≿————- ❈ ————-≾

≿————- ❈ ————-≾

After shutting the door behind her in a great hurry, the girl slit against the metal door, chest heaving up and down as the traumatic events flashed in front of her vision. A nauseating feeling welled up her system but knew that she would get to see some dead bodies or something like that anyway, so she decided to leave 'the throwing up' for another moment.

One leg laid flat on the floor whilst another one was brought up to her chest, insouciant about her stained dress riding up her legs. A whimper left her lips, going through her disheveled hair inspecting the wound that had been created by the cannibal on her calve with the little light on this floor.

Blood was oozing down from the throbbing wound inside of her Dr. Martens shoes. The teeth marks were abnormally deep and if she didn't have kicked him off at the right time, he would have ripped off a chunk of her flesh without a doubt.

She had to clean up the wound before it could get infected, but the floor was seemingly bathing in darkness obstructing her sight. With a huff, she got on her feet navigating through the sea existing of sole blackness.

Taking a couple of steps forwards, Yona stumbled over something falling face forward with a shriek, but it wasn't the floor her body had met. Her face landed just in the crook of someone's humid neck, her left half was on the wet floor as her right half was on that body. A strong metallic scent filled up her nostrils that were spread over the whole floor and had soaked the ends of her hair and the front part of her dress.

The panicking woman, pushed herself up only to feel another body against her feet, and walking over it she felt, another one and another one...

Her breath shuddered, each time she discovered another deceased person. She was certain that there was an avalanche of bodies in this room and the cause of it was most probably the maniac involved in this sick game.

The girl was desperate to find the light switch, but on the other hand, she didn't want to see the sickening piles of bodies and blood. The carcasses had to be fresh because there wasn't a horrible rotting stench hanging in the air but only this strong copper one that seemed to even penetrate her tastebuds albeit not having consumed it accidentally.

After God knows how long, the light bulb flickered with a buzzing sound on, welcoming her with the sweet view of what she had dreaded. Corpses of patients and asylum staff were spread on the floor as if they were a human carpet. Some had their organs and intestines pulled out of their bodies, others missed their limbs or head, and a very few (the lucky ones) just were stabbed or sliced through their necks, their bodies still very much intact. A truly grotesque scene.