CHAPTER 2

≿————- ❈ ————-≾

≿————- ❈ ————-≾

The girl's footsteps on the tiled floor were the only thing echoing through the hallways of the facility. Her eyes wandered around the place, finding it odd that some of the rooms were empty and others looked chaotic from the inside as if there had been a fight. The few patients who occupied the rooms seemed really disturbed than usual, they screamed, pleaded for help, and were trying to break free.

The mental hospital seemed outdated and dusty from the outside but actually, from the inside, it was pretty contemporary and it also tried to create an environment in which the patients didn't feel as if they were locked up. The hallways were still as creepy as 100 years back but the rooms of the first 3 floors which were the only floors in use were completely renovated. On the other floors, they stocked items or shoved all the old furniture and stuff on, besides no one came there anyway.

Arriving at her brother's room, she glanced at the opposite one where his so-called crush stayed but strangely it was also empty

Arriving at her brother's room, she glanced at the opposite one where his so-called crush stayed but strangely it was also empty. Suzie was also a schizophrenic patient but she wasn't a severe case as Jungkook. The last two months he finally managed to form some kind of attraction towards her and Yona was glad he tried to socialize with people.

Sometimes she wondered how he would have been if he didn't have this mental illness. If he also would go out 24/7 like all the boys she knew, if he would have a girlfriend or be a playboy if he would be an overprotective brother or one who wouldn't care about her. How happy their lives would have been if he was just like the others. She found it such a shame that he won't be able to have a normal relationship despite having such mesmerizing looks.

Pushing the door open, her eyes went up to the figure in his blue shirt who was tightly hugging a pillow. The creaking of the door opening caught the brunet's attention. He opened his eyes displaying not a particularly happy or excited expression upon seeing his younger sister but turned his back to the girl and went back to sleep.

"Kookie! Don't be angry at me, please!" She walked up to the bed and dropped her bag beside it. She expected to hear an answer but Jungkook seemed really upset with her. Jungkook felt the edge of the bed sinking and felt a soft hand on his bare arm, soothingly rubbing it.