CHAPTER 1

≿————- ❈ ————-≾

≿————- ❈ ————-≾

"That's ₩ 56.000, miss." The man seated diagonally in front of the girl said as he stared in the rear mirror of the vehicle. Unzipping her bag and taking out some money, she handed the man with a friendly smile the money.

"Thanks, miss, and have a good day." Counting the money in the speed of light, he gave back her change and she quickly stuffed it in her purse, eager to see her older brother. She exited the car and before the vehicle could leave she spoke to the man.

"Can you come back at 4 PM, please, this place is so secluded that cabs rarely come here." She slightly bent down to face the bearded man.

"Alright miss, I'll be standing here sharp at 4." He gave her a small reassuring nod and with a quick 'bye' he left her alone in front of the huge complex.

A cold breeze hit her body making her shiver as she wrapped herself even more tight with her floral printed scarf. It was mid-November, and she hated the windy and wet weather which caused her to lock herself up in her home from the depressing and cold weather.

She stepped to the entrance, it was creepy and looked like those typical asylums from those horror games and movies but she kind of got used to it, weekly visiting her older brother for 8 months straight. She couldn't wait to see Jungkook, how much his treatment was helping him so, they could continue a normal life. It had been 2 years since she found out her brother was suffering from positive schizophrenia.

He used to become quickly irritated with things, talked to himself, started hallucinating, and became delusional. The consequence of all those things became aggression, he didn't only try to harm his sister but also himself and that's when she admitted him. The 20-year-old girl once found him at home with both of his wrists bleeding and when she asked him why he did that he said that Natalie, a voice in his head told him to do so.

It was dangerous for him to be alone and he was the only one she had so she couldn't lose him at any cost. Their mom died from cancer and shortly after that their father who was a heart patient died from grieving and missing his wife too much which was a common case with elder couples.

Opening the main door, she stepped into the building only to smell an odd scent hanging in the atmosphere. 'They might be cleaning?' She thought, not thinking much about that. Her feet took her to the receptionist who was busy writing something down on some papers so, Yona only saw the top of her head and her hair.

"Hey, Scarlet!" Yona said catching the attention of the woman, making her look up but she wasn't Scarlet. The woman with dark bags underneath her eyes and disheveled hair was staring at her in an eerie manner which made Yona freeze in her spot. A bit confused by the new face, she decided to question her about that.

"Are you new here and where is Scarlet?" Yona leaned on the counter to have a better look at her emotionless expression. Her eyes bored into her soul, not uttering any words as if she didn't hear Yona at all. Yona chuckled awkwardly and averted her eyes to her desk where tons of crayons were shattered but her arms were covering the paper on which she had been drawing so, Yona couldn't see it.

"Uhm... not much of a talker, huh... then can I see Jungkook?" The girl waited for the receptionist to hand her the keys to his room since she was allowed to do so, being quite familiar with the staff that trusted her. Since she came here, the woman didn't move a single muscle and now she was actually freaking the poor girl out.

"Keys?!" She pointed at the wall where the keys were hanging and noticed most of the keys were gone.

"Number 01.09.97.!?" Yona said in an irritated tone still pointing at the key while the woman kept staring at her.

"English?! You English understand?!" She tried to approach the receptionist in another way but unfortunately, her reaction remained the same. Being tired and extremely annoyed at her behavior, she determined to get the key herself. Walking around the counter, she entered the reception area and reached for the wall to grab the key with the eyes of the woman following each step of her. With a scoff, she glared at the receptionist and walked up the hallway that led her to her brother.

The black-haired woman peered at her until she disappeared in the hallways. Once she realized she was nowhere to see, her orbs went back to her drawing. Her hands reached for the crayons, roughly clutching them between her finger as a child, and with violent motions, she finished her sketch.

She grabbed the sketch and went to the staff room where they would have a cup of coffee with cookies or eat during their lunch breaks. She staggered around with those high heels as if she was drunk and held onto the wall to balance herself.

Entering the room, she almost tripped over

a dead body.

Her eyes scanned the room filled with bodies of the staff and a few of the patients on the first floor who were taking the sides of the doctors and nurses instead of their fellow mental subjects. Once she had found the particular body, she walked up to her, not caring about stepping on the deceased ones.

"I drew this for you." She placed the sketch next to the body with the nameplate 'Scarlet Jones' on it. She caressed her hair a bit and then stood up to go back to the reception where he told her to stay and not say a word to a person who came inside the building. Her job was only to inform them if people entered the facility which she was going to do.

She took the corded phone at the counter and dialed the number he made her learn by heart and held it by her ear.

"Sir, your subject has arrived."

Hello, bibi's!

What do you think until now?

Who do you think this 'he' is?

Comment & Vote!