CHAPTER 10

≿————- ❈ ————-≾

≿————- ❈ ————-≾

The creaking of the large door was the only thing resonating on the floor she just had descended to while the smell of some kind of flowery fragrance filled her nostrils. Cautiously venturing into the hallway, she tried to make minimal sounds, to avoid getting unwanted attention from the patient to whom this floor belonged to.

Her primary goal was obviously leaving this floor as fast as possible, but she truly had still 35 hours left so, so she had no reason to worry about running out of time. Well, that's what she believed...

Making her way through the corridor passing numerous doors that led her to God knows where the girl heard some noises coming from behind the doors. Her feet were put to a halt as she intently listened to the sounds from the other side of the wooden frame.

She couldn't quite tell what was happening, nonetheless, she did know one thing for sure the female shouldn't go after the patient, thinking he or she was totally harmless. From 'past mistakes, she had learned not to trust someone blindly no matter how innocent or helpful they seemed.

Footsteps were nearing the door dangerously fast which automatically made her panic and look for a good hiding spot. With quick movements, she entered the nearest room to her reach but unfortunately had no time to shut the door, leaving the door ajar.

The person made a stop in front of the door as she held her breath but to her luck, the patient walked away after standing there a second or two. A shaky sigh escaped her chapped lips as the girl waited for a few seconds before coming out of her sheltering place.

Slow and quietly maneuvering out of the white-walled room with a wardrobe filled with towels, she peeked her head out of the room and examined both ways. When she felt like the coast was clear, she took the opposite way as the patient who was roaming around the place. There was an extremely big chance of him being a complete psychopath as in the previous cases she had encountered.

The only thing she had to do was find the key to get below but where should she even begin her search? The girl had realized that this floor was a kind of laundry or sanitary area considering the great number of cleaning products and towels lingering around the floor and not to forget the strong smell of detergent.

Distinct footsteps could be heard but she had no idea where they were coming from until they threateningly neared her. Turning her head to the other side of the hallway, her eyes went wide perceiving the sight. A man dressed in fully white like Jimin was, without any shoes and disheveled hair was running like a lunatic towards her as he screamed some incoherent words. 

Before her mind could register the male's actions, her body twisted in a split second as a reflex and her feet meandered through the foreign white-walled corridors that seemed to get more narrow as she took a step ahead, running for her life. 

Taking a turn, she came to face a dead end, and panic washed over her features as Yona looked at the nearest room. Entering a room that seemed like a black abyss, the frightened female tried to adjust her eyes to the darkness but to no avail. Attempting to find a hiding spot, she stumbled over something hard and landed face forward with a loud splash in a bathtub filled with old smelly water mixed with some chunks of the wallpaper that was peeling off.