CHAPTER 14

≿————- ❈ ————-≾

≿————- ❈ ————-≾

The unwavering gaze fixated on her lower body features with a desirous grin created a tense and distressing atmosphere between the adults. There was this unnerving feeling brewing in the pits of her stomach expanding each second more as the silence and his dominant aura ate her up.

The woman turned her back to the male to avoid his gaze but it was futile, she could feel the burning of his eyes on her rear, even if the girl wasn't looking. Stirring wearily on her spot, pondering about some way to escape this, Y/N's ears suddenly perked up perceiving the clicking of his shoes behind her.

Twisting her body, she came to face a broad chest and dark pools looking down at her tauntingly. Taking a step back from the close proximity, her back met the kitchen counter and fear spread all over her features being confined in his trap.

"I was just joking, little one." He spoke mockingly. "Didn't you think it was funny?" His face morphed in a stoic expression suddenly, arching his eyebrow.

Her lips parted but soon sealed when she couldn't mentally form an answer to it, dismayed by his unexpected behavior.

"Nevermind...," He spoke, waving off the subject and sighing deeply due to the lack of reaction, turning his attention to the supplies waiting to be used.

The girl didn't know how long she had been holding her breath until he stepped away and allowed her to exhale shakily out of relief.

"Well... you seem kind of incompetent to prepare a proper meal for me, so let me help you instead." He suggested moving away and opening and shutting several shelves in order to find the needed items.

"What about you lead me and I'll be your sous-chef?" The charming individual leaned against the counter leisurely, arms crossed over each other, and tilted his head slightly.

'Su.. chef?' The girl was clearly not familiar with culinary terms but did not want to seem dumb in front of this overconfident man who liked to make inappropriate jokes, she went with the flow, pretending to know it.

"Sure." Y/N shrugged, mentally noting the maintain a proper distance from this man.

The floor seemed huge and looking subtly for the key while 'helping' this man would be ideal. If she had gotten on his bad side, it would be a true hassle to find this with his chasing her.

"You told me you liked steak right?" Y/N asked looking hesitantly up at his large figure.

"Yes, I like it bien cuit." He added, the verbiage utterly confusing the girl as he was this time able to identify the perplexed characteristics dripping down her face.

"It's well done in English. I hope your small brain can understand that." He voiced out behaving bothered by her limited knowledge about culinary idioms, sighing and rolling his eyes sassily.