CHAPTER 7

≿————- ❈ ————-≾

≿————- ❈ ————-≾

After heaving her little cry session, the female vigorously wiped off the salty substance of her cheek with the sleeve of her hoodie. Getting on her feet, she dragged herself downstairs due to exhaustion, only to sight a door which she pushed open without any issues.

What she found odd was that the stairs weren't located at the same spot but each staircase to every floor below was located on the opposite side of the other one. Perhaps they built it this way for safety? For the fear of having patients escape the facility at once instead of being stuck on another floor and looking for the exit again? Well, whatever the reason was, it was built in a very peculiar way and the girl had other things on her mind than speculating deeply about the architecture of the complex.

Now, she was standing in the white-walled hallway, having a view over toys shattered over the place. Taking a step inside, she got startled by the sound of police sirens coming from beneath her feet. The female had stepped on a toy police car which made an excruciating loud noise, resonating through the hallway. The girl picked up the toy and pushed and pressed on things in order to make the plaything stop. 

Yona finally let out a breath as she discovered the way to make the toy stop producing the ear-piercing sound. Her stomach growled loudly from the hunger, screaming for food as she felt herself weakened. The female only had some tea Taehyung had offered her but she didn't have a proper meal for almost 8 hours. 

Staggering around from the lack of energy, she held the walls to stabilize herself and strolled through the dreary hallway. A sudden child-like giggle echoed through the wall from those horror movies, perturbing her in her tracks and making the female aware of her surroundings.

Moistening her chapped lips with the wet muscle in her mouth, she gulped, taking a few steps forward with extra caution, reminding herself she was still in the mental institution. 

"Hello? Is someone there?" She obviously was aware of the fact there was another presence on the floor but still decided to speak out. 

"No?" A high-pitched uncertain vocal resonated through the hallway. The sound of steps erupted from the other side of the floor, forcing the young girl to spin her body and only to catch a glimpse of a male form dressed in white turning around the corner.

"Hey! Wait!" Her legs took her after the boy who seemed to be disappeared into the unknown corridor. Sighing out of frustration, she inspected her surroundings once again and suddenly perceived some giggling that presumably came out of a particular room. 

Taking a deep breath and mentally preparing herself for the fact she was going to encounter another mental patient, she took strides towards the room where a hospital bed was located. There was some movement under the sheets and Yona hesitated to pull the duvet off, knowing bad news was hidden underneath it but she had to. She had to obtain the key and the only one who might know its location was the person shuffling on the bed.