Chapter 35

(Nattlies pov)

I turned my head to see who it is. Leon stepped out the car after turning off the engine. He looks upset, as if he has the weight of the world on his shoulders. He looked at me and forced a smile. Something isn't right.

"What's wrong Bash?" I asked seriously. He shook his head not wanting to talk about it. He joined me on the hood of my car and held me in his arms. He didn't say a word but I could feel the tension in his body. Something must have happened.

"Look I'm a nosy people so if you tell me now or later you will be telling me anyway. Don't think of lying as I'll be able to tell. So tell me what happened." I said turning my body to face him.

"It's nothing serious. Luke just made a stupid comment about something that wont be happening and it got me worked up. Don't stress about it."

I looked at him with squinted eyes. Sorry but Nattlie Miller doesn't give up that easily. "What something wont happen?"

Leon sighed and gave up. "He is still after you."

I gave a little laugh "Well he wont have me" I say pulling his face closer and kissing his cheek softly. He turned his head and started kissing me gently. That's when I quickly pulled away. "What stupid comment did he make?" I asked starting to get a little angry.

Leon looked at me for a few seconds before answering. "He knows I like you and said the first one to sleep with you can have you. He said something along the line of Beth being a fling and that you his real target. I got upset as I couldn't tell him we a couple and I just had to listen to him talking about you and Beth that way."

I got off the car. "What?!" I asked furiously. Leon slid off the hood and pulled me closer.

"I'm sorry I should have said something to him then"

"No," I say giving a devilish smile, "I know exactly what we gonna do."

"Natts should I be scared?"

I shook my head a little then got in my car. I could see he wasn't sure of what is happening but he can ask questions later.

I stopped at a shopping mall in another town. I cant have people seeing us together as it will ruin the surprise. The school wont know what hit them! And Luke? Better step aside Mr. Player.

Leon and I walked into every store there is and it's safe to say we walked out with half of every stores clothing. It would have helped if we took his car with us as we struggling to get the bags in the boot and back seat of my car. After all the shopping I drove back to the cliff so Leon could get his car.

"Bash you coming back to my place right." I say as he unlocks his door.

"Umm sure" he says.

"No no I wasn't asking I was telling you." I reply with a little laugh.

I still haven't told him what the plans are. He did ask me a few times why he had to try on the whole store but I told him that I would explain later. He pulled the whole thing of 'if you tell me now or later you will be telling me anyway' on me. He's smart for quoting my words but I told him he can wait for the later. I don't think he found that funny but I did.

(Leons pov)

I came walking out of Nattlies bathroom with an outfit she mixed and matched. Some of the items brought back memories from the past. The outfits are exactly what Antonio were talking about. They were a mix of nerdy and playboy gangster or whatever you want to call the style. She really got it on the spot if you ask me.

"Nice but not for Monday we need something that's gonna make a statement, something that will make the ladies jaws drop, something that will get the guys wanting to be you and differently something that will make Luke look twice" said Nattlie not impressed with the outfit I have on.

"You still haven't told me what the plans are." I ask curiously.

"Alright so come Monday you going to be the most popular guy in the school. Not you as in Leon but you as in the guy dating Nattlie Miller. It's a good time to show people I'm taken or should I say Luke sees I'm taken. Only he will know it's you as you have been 'invisible' if I can use that word all year. It will get Luke off my case, it will get us in the open. You can even have people call you by another name if you don't wanna draw attention to yourself. Something like Steve or Ace or something manly if you want. You are gonna be all the school talks about. Are you game?"

I looked at her nervously then walked over to kiss her. I trust her. It is a good idea I give her that so I hope it works and that it gets the message across. I want to be with Nattlie for the rest of my life and if this is what it takes I'll do it. She is worth it after all.

After which must have been the twentieth outfit Nattlie was finally happy with it. I cant wait to get dressed into a track pants and a vest so that I can finally chill. I have no idea why women like this sort of stuff. We have been busy for about three hours now and I already feel dead.

I fell onto her bed after getting dressed and closed my eyes. Nattlie slowly climbed from the one side of her bed closer to me. She lowered her head and placed it on my chest. She then slowly placed her arm around me and I did the same, drawing her closer. I'll just lay here for a while then go to my room. I laid there quietly holding her tight and just listened to her breathing. I wouldn't change this moment for all the money in the world.

I believe the Lord holds the world in the palm of his hand and at this moment I believe I have my world in my arms. With this thought in my head I slowly fell asleep. It must have been a few hours that passed as I woke up to Nattlie waking up with a fright. She sat up looking around frantically.

"What's wrong?" I asked getting a little worried. She looked at me for a split second then threw herself at me.

"Thank goodness it was just a dream" she says half in tears.

I held her tight and started rubbing her back with my hand slowly to comfort her.

"What happened?" I asked after she calmed down a bit.

"You died" she said weakly.