Chapter 25

(Nattlie's pov)

I can not believe it! The plan was for Leon to stay a few hours then leave so I could go to bed and rest. That didn't happen though. It turned out that he spent the night here with me and we both fell asleep on the couches. Its almost six in the morning and I'm feeling much better even though I didn't sleep much last night. Leon and I stayed up talking till about one when I think I passed out first... I'm not sure everything after ten was a blur. Leons still asleep though. I thought he would have left but he seemed to stick around.  I catch myself smiling while looking at his peaceful face. 

What is wrong with me? I need to get over him. Everytime I'm with him I can't help but fall for him and then moments later reality hits and I know it can never be more than a little high school crush. I'll never let it be. 

I watched him breath for a few minutes. A warm tear slowly tickled down my cheek. The words 'it can never be' playing over and over again in mind like a broken record, each time hurting more than the last. I need to see someone, someone who can help me work through this all but who? Moms busy, dads not qualified, Beth wouldn't understand. 

I could always talk to Isabella from the restaurant. She did say she doesn't mind talking to me if I ever needed someone and I do need someone who will tell me their honest opinion and not what I want to hear. I need that now. 

I made my way to my room to freshen up a bit... leaving Leon to sleep and let himself out when he wakes up. I don't think I can send another second with him if hes awake wishing things were different when I know the can't be.

I took a shower letting the water run down my body. I with time would stop. I wish I was the only one on earth and the only thing I had to worry about was what to eat for my next meal. No worries about looking good, setting trends or even bothering what people think of me. A perfect world some might call it.

After getting ready I made my way to my car. Leon was gone. Its better that way I guess. 

I was at Familia And Amore in no time. I walked in and saw Antonio in the front serving a couple. There were two other tables occupied, one with an old lady looking at the couple in envy the other table with a mother and her son. Antonio smiled and said "shes at the back" then turned back to the couple. I walked into the kitchen. "Isabella?" She turned round, facing me. I couldn't help but burst into tears. She gave a little laugh then asked what it is with me and crying in this kitchen. I laughed while whipping my tears away.

"Its Leon..." I started. "You like him... don't... you?" she ended. Isabella cleaned her hands and walked over to me. She held her hands open to me and I hugged her tight. "I know he wouldn't hurt you so what happened?" I pulled away slowly, sniffing.  "I do like him but I can't... so how would one get over someone they like. We are two different people so it will never work so I need your help, please."

"Listen here my niña. One can force yourself to stop liking someone but one can't force yourself out of love and that is what you found here. When you fall in love with someone you should, aprecia, cherish it. Protect it as best you can. You might never find it again... then what. Do not fear you two not being the same... you need someone who compliments you. If two people do all the talking in a relationship then theres no one to listen. Besides you dont wanna date yourself now do you? Leon brings out a side no one else can and that is something special." She was quiet for a bit. "If you love Leon then tell him, chances are he likes you too"

"That's what I fear...  I've been too afraid to admit it but I do love him and I don't wanna tell him my feelings if he doesnt love me back... love not like." She looked away from me and to the door. I quickly turned and saw Leon standing in the door way.

My heart is racing and I feel sick. How much of it all did he hear? If I fake a faint maybe I can get out of it. Maybe if I turn back around he wont see me? Oh come on Nattlie! There is no way he did not hear you. This is another one of those moments when time can stop and everyone can vanish.

He started walking towards me using slow strides. I'm so ready to cry with embarrassment. My nose started to tingle and my vision became blurry. "How much of it did you hear?" I asked softly having no control of my own mouth but still trying to hold back my tears.

"I heard I bring out a side to you not many get to see. Isabella saw me while she was quiet so I pretty much heard everything from there" said Leon having no feeling in his voice and having a neutral facial expression. I have no idea what to think at this point. He's scaring me. "If you love me then why did you pull away when I tried to kiss you?"

I looked down at the ground, unable to answer while looking at him. "I was scared. I didn't understand what I was feeling at the time. I wanted to I really did... but too much has happened in my past and the only way to protect myself was to pull away" that's when Isabella left, leaving us alone. 

*Sorry all turns out chapter 12 and 14 wasn't published when i thought it was... its up now so feel free to check it out. Wont happen again. Sorry again and sending much love to you all*