Chapter 56

(Leons pov)

We have finally come to the end. We never thought it would be so soon though. It feels so unreal. Yesterday was the last day at Winston High. Yeah that's right. Yesterday we graduated from high school. Its a little hard to wrap my head around but its my new reality. Now to think about university and what I actually wanna do with my life. I have the grades to do something in the medical field but I've never had a thing for hurting people... even if it is to cut them open to save them. Which is ironic as I use to get into a lot of fights growing up.

"How about Law?" asked Nattlie. I thought about it. "Personally I can see you doing it. You are a person for wanting to do the right thing. You can maybe look at criminal law or children's rights or something like that."

She's right! I had a good lawyer who helped me out and convince the state that my brother and I are worth saving and thanks to that we got moved and got given a second chance at life. I know of other kids being dragged into this, they also need the right kind of help. Someone who will fight for their rights and see past the whole 'I'm ten and I am gonna be the worlds baddest gangster' image. Someone who can help the innocent get a second chance before its too late for them.

"Your a genius" I say grabbing Nattlie's soft cheeks between my hands and forcing my lips onto hers. I pulled away and could see the shock in her eyes and started laughing. "Alright then" she finally added. "I'm guessing you going into teaching." I say pulling her leg. Nattlie whipped her head towards me and started laughing. "Yeah right... I would die if I had to work with a hundred little kids. I think they super cute and they will walk all over me and high school well I'll kill them... too moody and drama never ends... I'm safer going into something I really love and do well in.... FASHION!"

If her eyes could turn into hearts as she said fashion I think they would have. She's so cute when she's passionate about something. "Like don't get me wrong I like kids and all but when they not mine... I would wanna have kids one day just not anytime soon. I like to think I have a pretty good body and I don't need a little body inside of me changing things for me"

I didn't say a word I was just a little shocked I guess. I thought she would want to have a baby and start living in the 'big girl world' as soon as she can. I gave her a kiss on the forehead.

"Okay don't get me wrong or anything... I never wanted kids at all... money that could have been spent on a holiday or clothes but since you entered my life I do actually want to have a mini us one day. Just... not... now... if you know what I mean" she blabbed trying to explain herself. I started laughing. "Yes Nattlie I get it and I also agree... we only eighteen and there's no rush at all... we have all the time in the world." She smiled and leaned in to kiss me.

"Alright on another note I've been talking to my parents and they have been talking to yours and I'm not sure if you know the plans as you haven't brought it up... but your parents are leaving in a weeks time for Cape Town."

I processed what she just said. They didn't tell me. I guess with the whole Luke and I finishing school and their work, they haven't really had the time to tell me. It would explain why they have been working so much lately. "Its alright they didn't tell me but it isn't a train smash. I have plans for next, next weekend anyway." I say trying to tease her a little.

"Wait what is it? What's happening? What we gonna do? I am coming with right? Can you give me a clue?" said Nattlie under one second.

"I wont be telling you what I have planned. You will be coming as it is a date and your clue is that there is a pretty high chance you haven't done it yet." I said trying to calm her excitement down. That was a huge mistake as the following two weeks Nattlie would try and guess what we were gonna do and tried to fish more information out of me.

"Alright so where we going?" Says an over excited Nattlie in the passenger seat.

"Just relax and keep the blind fold on we almost there." I say glancing over to her. She had a huge smile on her face and couldn't sit still.

The past two weeks have been amazing. Even with my parents still away I loved staying at Nattlies place and knowing she's right there with me. We got out the car and you could smell the salty popcorn lingering in the air.

"What is that noise and why am I smelling popcorn... I want to say the movies but its way to loud... and the music?"

I removed the blind fold and Nattlies eyes grew. She turned to me with a smile. "Ive been to a fair you know." she states trying to sound smart.

"I know but have you ever been to a fair with people before?" I asked which kept her quiet.

Her dad told me a while back that the fair will be coming and that if we wanted to go I should just let him know. He informed me that usually they would book the whole fair before it actually opens, therefore they wouldn't have to wait in a line and they wouldn't run out of a certain food or something. That's when I thought bringing her here would be a great idea but with people so she can get the real experience. There's a huge difference between having fun on a ride and having people who are also having fun around you.

"I didn't bring my hand sanitizer though"

That's another thing. Mr. Miller would have the whole place sanitized before they visit the fair which personally I think is stupid and a waste as it wont kill them.

"I know but that's the point... You need to live Nattlie." I say pulling her waist towards the entrance. She didn't seem too keen but gave in at the end. Ten minutes into our little adventure Nattlie was letting loose and just having fun. It was great seeing her like this.

"Your right" she said laughing as we walked to the next ride. I stopped walking and she turned to me when she realized I was no longer beside her. "I'm sorry would you say that again? I couldn't hear that over your ego trying to fight back."

Nattlie started laugh. It's not often that she says those two little words so I need her to repeat them. "Your right okay?!" She says laughing. "I didn't think I would like it but having the people here really sets the right atmosphere. Don't get use to it though. I might not always be right but I'm never wrong." she says with an evil smile. I started laughing and I kissed her as we came to a stop at the next ride.

Today was really a great day. I got to see a different kind of playful side to Nattlie which I don't get to see. Its like a kid in a sweet factory being told 'help yourself'. We really had a great time at the fair and she even asked if we could do it again sometime. I agreed but when she asked me the next day if we could go I started laughing as I wasn't expecting 'we should come again sometime' to be the very next day. And being the good boyfriend which I am... the next day we were at the fair again. I didn't mind though I just love spending time with her.