Chapter 27

(Nattlies pov)

I pulled away from Leon and walked away. I couldn't look at him. I can't look into his beautiful blue eyes and see him look at me with discuss.

"Now that you know, its fine, you can go. I wont hold it against you. In fact I wont be surprised if you do leave... its happened in the past so why should now be any different?" I said bravely but not brave enough to make eye contact.

I suddenly got turned, facing Leon. He looked down at me for a split second placed a hand on my cheek then pulled me close to kissed me. I'm in shock but all I can do is kiss back. I grab onto his shirt by his waist and pulled him closer, seeking more of him.

Everything in this moment is perfect. Time has stopped.

(Leons pov)

I couldn't take it anymore. She just opened up to me and I love her even more now. That's when it hit me, I really do love her and I know I want to be with her. This is why I'm kissing her. I want to be with her, I want her to stop hurting. I know I can't change her past but I'd like to give her a better future. 

At this point I don't care what Luke has to say I want to be with her. 

At that thought I heard someone clear their throat. I pulled away and turned to look at the door. Isabella and Antonio standing there with smiles from ear to ear. I blushed and rubbed the back of my head. Well this is embarrassing. When I finally have the guts to kiss a girl I get given an audience. 

"Its not what it looks like" I lie. Antonio winks and Isabella nods while pushing her husband to keep walking. The door swings closed and we alone again. I slowly turn back to face Nattlie who hasn't said a word and is also looking pretty red from embarrassment. I use my hand to lift her chin so I can look into her eyes. I place a soft kiss on her rosy lips. She didn't move, she just stood there, looking into my eyes searching for something. I now wish I didn't pull away when she tried to kiss me because now all I want is to never stop kissing her. I now know what I was missing out on.

"I'm sorry. I had to feel your lips against mine one more time before I told you my truth. You aren't to blame for your past as you didn't choose it. I chose mine. I'm not proud of it but I did change for the better and please know that I will never hurt you." 

She looked confused so I went on.

"It started with my older brother. His name was Slade also know by the gang he belonged to as Snipper. Slade was fiver years older then Luke and I so it was only natural for him to get us both involved when we turned fifteen. Long story short after two years of Luke and I being part of the gang, Slade got killed. They told us it was a mission gone wrong. A month later it came out that he was killed by the gang leader. He came to us telling us that Slade owed him 10k and that he was given two weeks to come up with he money and failed. Slades life was taken and we were told to come up with the money ourselves." I took a breath and sat down on the counter. 

"Luke wanted to go to the cops but I knew that would get us and my parents killed. In the end we told our parents and they gave us the money but only if we left the gang. We both agreed and four days later the debt was payed off. Soon after we moved into a different area as the gang was asking for us to come back. They found us, threw my mother around a bit to scare us. We moved across the country and changed our names and everything. That's why we here. We under witness protection. My real name is Sebastian and my brothers name is Simon and our surname was Hunter." Those names rolled slowly off my tongue. I haven't said my name in a while yet it seemed so natural to say. I didn't say a word, I just let the memories of my past flood in. 

Nattlie stood in front of me and look at me while I looked down at my hands. "I'm so sorry Sebastian. I can't imagine what you had to go through... can I call you that though?"

"Best if you don't. The gang is still looking for us and we cant have our names flying around. If you really wanna call me by my name then you can call me Seb or something."

"Bash?" 

I gave a small smile and a nod. 

"Where does Antonio and Isabella come into the picture though?" she asked curiously. 

"Simon and I use to work for them, you know sweeping the floor, mopping and so on. At first it was a job then it became an alibi. When we joined the gang they knew but never said anything to myself and Simon. They the ones that started taking me to church. Simon didn't last long but I really took to it. I believe the Lord forgave me for my sins and that he loves me. Since then I started wanting to do the right thing to change my life around. I started focusing at school and found out I'm smart if I work hard and put my mind to it."

She stood there then leaned closer to give me a hug. I was still sitting on the counter. I wrapped my arms around her. This is what I've been waiting for most of my life. To have someone there who accepts me for the way I am and still want to be with me. I put my chin on her head and hugged her tighter. 

"Just do me a favour... I know you wont tell anyone but if it comes out never tell anyone you know. I don't want you being in danger just because I wanted to open up to you. I would never forgive myself if I'm the reason why you get hurt."

She pulled away, kissed my chin then answered, "I promise."