Chapter 19

(Nattlie's pov)

I looked up at the comforting blue eyes I've learnt to love and started crying. It was all getting too much for me. I'm surposed to have a perfect life with everything going my way. I'm spoilt I know but now that there's a bit of trouble in my life I don't know how to handle it. I just wanna go home...

(Leon's pov)

She started crying and I don't know what to do, so I pulled her close to me and just held her. I subconsciously started to play with her hair around my fingers and I could feel her shaking body slowly calming after a few minutes of holding her. She took a few sniffs and stopped crying. I took this as a sign to let her go.

I pulled away slowly and she grabbed on tighter showing she wasn't ready.

"Ok ok ok I won't" I said in a soft voice, trying not to upset her. "What happened?" I said a little firmer.

She took a while to respond but gave in. "Those guys from the party"

I could feel her getting weaker so I held her tight and sat down on the floor, not letting go.

"Why didn't Luke try stop them?! Did they hurt you?!" I said louder with a hint of anger.

"No no no they tried to..." said Nattlie with a long pause then carrying on, "...but I got away" she finished.

"Where was Luke?!" I asked with the anger increasing.

"He was busy with Beth. It doesn't matter now anyway" she said pulling away and wiping her tears from her cheeks.

I took my jacket off and placed it over her shoulders.

She looked up at me trying to smile but it quickly fell.

"Where were you yesterday? I looked for you. I wanted to talk." She said searching for an answer in my eyes.

Looked in her eyes for a few seconds then turned my head to Mr. Kings desk which had a chess board on it. I was in the middle of a game when she came in.

"Chess" I answered.

She got up and walked over to the desk with a bit of a limp. Looked down at the pieces then at me.

"Can you teach me?" She asked with a smile on her face and the last tear running down her face. She took a chair and wiped her cheeks.

"Nattlie what happened to your foot?!" I asked while rushing to her side. "Oh nothing I must of hurt it while running or something" she said.

I lifted her dress to about mid shin, held her gently just above the ankle and with my other hand moved her foot a bit.

"Ouch" she said and pulled a bit away.

Her adrenalin was running out and the pain of a sprained ankle was starting to kick in. I'm no doctor but I'm guessing it's sprained so I rather placed her foot down slowly and got up trying not to hurt it any further incase it is sprained.

"Listen I'll be back now. I'm gonna go get some ice so when I leave lock the door and open it again when I get back" I said as I placed a chair right next to the doors handle yet out the way so when I came back and the chair wouldn't block the door.

I walked over to her and lifted her, making sure I wouldn't hurt her.

After I left I heard her lock the door. Now for ice. Hopefully the nurses office was open so it would be a quick trip.

(Nattlie's pov)

I have been sitting here for about five minutes and the pain was increasing. Not enough to have me crying but I can definitely feel something is off.

"Hey Nattlie!" I suddenly heard someone scream in the hallway. "We know you here. We have looked everywhere but this is the last hallway we saw you turn in to" said the voice. It was the guys from that party again.

There was a sudden violent shake and hit against one of the classroom doors a few classrooms away.

"Open up. I still haven't got a taste of what's mine. Come on sweet thing... you owe me" said the lustfull voice moving to the next door.

He started shaking and hitting the next door. Four more doors to go then it was Mt Kings door.

My heart rate started to increase and my normal breathing turned to clavicular breathing.

The unwanted sounds of the guys hitting against the doors and screaming became louder as they came closer and closer to Mr Kings classroom.

"Dude let's just go enjoy the dance. Maybe she's already in the gym or left and we just looking like a couple of idiots" said one of the voices, most probably the guys friend who blocked the gym doors.

There was silence for a few seconds before I heard someone punch the other making him fall to the ground.

I got a fright and held my mouth close with both hands tight. My breathing wasn't getting better and I could feel my body shaking with fear.

"Get up!" screamed the one to the guy on the floor, which is most probably his friend. "I didn't ask you to come! You asked if you could have a turn once I was done with her! So I'm doing you the favour Jack!"

There was suddenly shaking and hitting against the door I was behind, giving me another fright. Then there was nothing and soon after one punch against the door which I think means he's given up.

"Get up Jack. I'm over this... Let's go" said the voice helping his friend up.

I could hear their footsteps becoming faint. I sat there for a few moments just trying to get my heart rate to come down. It was over.

"Nattlie" whispered Leon from the other side of the door, then gave a little knock. I unlocked the door and opened it about 5cm wide. Leon quickly made his way in and locked the door.

"Are you ok?... I saw them just as I was about to turn into this hallway but I had to stay out of sight" said Leon bending down with one hand on my left cheek. He wiped the tear away with his thumb and pulled me into his arms.

I am safe.