Chapter 50

(Nattlies pov)

Its been three days since I last spoke to Leon and I'm starting to get really worried. He could have told me... I would have understood... I would have tried to understand. I've spoken to Luke to try get something out of him but he's avoiding me altogether. I've asked Beth to try get it out of Luke but according to Luke when Beth asks, he gets upset and he asks to drop the subject. Luke doesn't want to talk about him, I cant get anything out of anyone and I'm scared he's hurt... or worse.

What if he's dead and they can't bring themselves to talk about it.

What the heck Nattlie stop over thinking this! I'm sure Luke would at least have the decency to tell me if Leon passed away. Just calm down and make a way to find out. It cant be that hard to be a detective can it?

I picked up my phone and asked Beth to kidnap Luke and bring him to my place. Good cop bad cop will have to do... but the person I love has vanished so I might just switch to bad cop before Luke even enters the door. Beth told Luke I went shopping and forgot my purse at the house. She asked if they can quickly run in and get it and take it to the mall. He told her he isn't in the mood go the mall and that he will keep the engine running while she brings it to me.

When they arrived at my house Beth came in for ten min then called Luke. "Luke I'm here in Natts room where she said she left it but I seriously cant find it. Please come up quick and help look. Two sets of eyes are better than one." I couldn't hear what he said but I stayed in my walk in closet till Luke was in my room and Beth locked my door.

"This place is huge where do you even begin?"

I suddenly heard the door locked and a few moments after that I opened the door. Luke quickly spun around looking right at me. "Nattlie? Wait... is this a set up or something?"

"What happened to Leon?" I asked, getting straight to the point. Luke stood dead still as if my words froze him. "Look I just wanna know if he's okay, if he's safe, if he's mad at me, if he's dead, why hasn't he contacted me, what-" I babbled on before Luke cut me off.

"Nattlie!"

I looked down defeated. "Doesn't he love me enough to tell me the truth" I say hurt.

"What? No Nattlie. Leon loves you so much that's why he had to leav-" started Luke before he stopped, realizing he has said too much.

I looked up at him and a tear fell from my left eye. The warm tear slowly making its way down my cheek before I wiped it away. Leon left because he loves me? I may be a blonde but I'm not stupid enough to fall for that. If a guy loves a girl why on earth would he leave? Luke isn't telling me something and I plan to find out what.

"Is he coming back?"

"Nattlie I don't know... If he wants to." stated Luke.

What does that supposed to mean? 'If he wants to'

Beth took her phone out her back pocket and called someone. The call was quick and simple:

"Hey Tony... I have a favor... Leon Collins... Not sure... Yes... Well asked around, ask your friends to help for all I care... I don't care I just need you to do it okay, I'll send you a picture... Yes Tony I know I owe you... Alright thanks cuz"

Luke and I both stood and quiet during the call.

"My cousin Tony will get us answers if Luke here doesn't wanna give them" says Beth impressed with herself. The fiddles around on her phone which I think she sent Tony a picture of Leon.

"Dodgy cousin Tony?" I ask.

Beth gives a nod. "We not meant to be talking to him as he's getting involved with the wrong kind of people which isn't good for the family name and business but when a sister needs help I will do anything." says Beth ending her speech with a smile.

"Hold on. Look its best if you just leave it and move on." says Luke. That's when I lost it.

"Move on?" I say with a smile, slowly walking towards him. "You say I should just... move... on?" I say trying to keep my cool.

Luke swallows hard and Beth starts moving away from Luke.

"Nattlie you ju-"

"Don't Nattlie me!" I raise my voice. My facial expressions turn hard.

"The person I love disappears with out saying anything and you know where he is but refuse to tell me. You call yourself a friend? Do you enjoy seeing me hurt like this? Does he enjoy seeing me hurt like this?"

"What? No... Nattlie. We wanted to tell you everything trust me, him more than me, but to keep you safe and alive... this was the only way."

The anger started to disintegrate and I fell to the floor in tears. Luke made is way to me, took a seat beside me and gave me a hug. I wrapped my arms around him, no longer being able to hold back the tears and hurt. Luke held me for a while and Beth took a seat beside me and placed her hand on my thigh.

Hugging Luke wasn't good enough. I didn't feel home in his arms. I cant feel the little spark when my skin touches his, the way it feels each time Leon and I touch. And the thought of maybe never seeing Leon again is starting to break me inside. Being in Luke's arms felt familiar yet as though I didn't belong... and I dont. I belong in Leon's arms. I just want this all to go away.

After that everything was a blur. I woke up in bed with Beth laying beside me playing with my hair, twirling strands around her fingers. A tear fell from my cheek at the thought of Leon leaving wasn't a bad dream and that it was real.

"Hey hey don't cry. Tony is looking for him now. Its going to be alright. We will work this out I promise." says Beth wiping away my tear.

We laid there quite for a while. "I know he loves me but why?" I finally say.

"He does love you... Look I know him choosing to leave hurts more than him being forced to leave or if he was taken from you... but I know this hurt is temporary. He loves you too much not to come back. Remember that."

Beth moves closer and pulls me into a hug. 'He will be back' is repeated over and over again in my mind.

"You hungry?" asks Beth. I shake my head.

"Thirsty maybe?" asks Beth. I shake my head.

"Maybe wanna go outside for a walk? Get some fresh air?" asks Beth. I shake my head ones again.

He will be back...